Does a pregnant bunny poop more?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip&Piper

Reaction score
Its been about two weeks since the accidental breeding of my two bunnies. My boy bunny (thought to be a girl) is being neutered in one week, and we’ve had them separated since we realized our mistake - except, the sneaky boy jumped over the nearly 4 foot wall one night, because I was a dummy and put the hidey house next to the shared wall, so he used that to jump over. So - we are at either 11 or 15 days, if she is indeed pregnant.

The boy, Skipper, seems to be pretty much litter trained on his side of the enclosure, but the girl, Piper, has been pooping an unbelievable amount the last 6 or so days. Has anyone noticed this as a sign of pregnancy?
I have tried to palpate her tummy, but I can’t feel anything. I don’t want to keep trying, in case she’s at 15 days, but I think it more likely she is at 11, if she is pregnant at all.

What are some other signs that you have noticed when a bunny is pregnant? I know I have only three weeks, maximum, until I know for sure, but it seems like forever away!

If you don’t know how to palpate it’s best not to try. I can’t say that any of our does pooped excessively while pregnant. They did once they kindled and were nursing, but they were eating more also.

Back