Doe pulling fur but not pregnant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
So we went in tonight, and my senior doe is pulling fur.. ALOT of fur... ALOT ALOT.

She also did not eat her feed, but drank ravenously and ate ALL her Timothy Hay, and I gave her a HUGE amount.

She did not want her treats, but this is the one who won't eat in front of me.

I weaned her babies 3 weeks ago. We checked her vent.. looks normal. As in, not good to go.

The way the rabbitry is set up, she is in between 2 cages of babies, one of which is her lot.

There is a buck on the end of the aisle facing her cage, and he is like a foot away. There is a divider between them, but if they stand up, I am sure they can see each other. I know they can smell each other.

She has never done this before with all her other litters..is she hormonal, just nuts, or completely outta her gourd? A breeder friend is suggesting she may be ready to breed again.

Anybody have any thoughts?

I have had a few do that and I have been told that when they do that they want to be bred. So when I have one do that I breed them and it seems to make them happy.

She could be hormonal, could be having a false pregnancy. (Or could she have been bred by one of her sons? How old did you wean them at? Just asking, had it happen here...)

Anything new this morning?

They were 4 weeks when we pull them..

4 WEEKS!!! you say....

That's how old show Cali's normally are when they are pulled off mom...

She's my absolute best mom.. hands down, and fortunately her daughters, Reveille and Mon Petite Cheri inherited her mothering skills.

I figured she would be thrilled to not have all those brats climbin' all over her LOL

Latest posts

Back