Doe Leaking Urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly09

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that my foster rabbit Twix is leaking urine.

She was laying on her side next to me and I noticed she had a few drops of urine sitting on the inside of her leg. When she moved I saw there was a small wet spot on the floor. Another reason i'm worried is because she has towels in her cage and there are small yellow urine spots all over. I assumed she was marking but now i'm wondering. However in her litter box I can see that she does urinate. So she is not completely incontinent.

She does have 9 day old kits, so I'm not sure if this could be an after birth side effect or what?

Any input is appreciated! Thank you in advance!

I would think that this long after having the babies, that she shouldn't be having any issues related to giving birth. She could have contracted a urinary tract infection, as dribbling urine can be a sign of this. Maybe if you could let her out to hop around a bit, so you can observe her and see if she is dribbling any urine. Also if the fur around her butt starts getting soaked, then it's likely there is a problem and you'll want to have her checked by your vet.

Maybe if you could let her out to hop around a bit, so you can observe her and see if she is dribbling any urine. Also if the fur around her butt starts getting soaked, then it's likely there is a problem and you'll want to have her checked by your vet.

It doesn't seem to happen when she is hopping around. During the day I leave her cage door open so she can explore the laundry room, which only has a floor space of 3 feet by 8 feet. I have only seen one or two small spots which were near where she was laying. However in her cage the towel that I replaced 2 days ago has almost 10 small quarter sized urine spots all over which are all around where she likes to lay.

I talked to the med tech at the shelter (she is a shelter bun that i am just fostering) and explained what was going on. So she said they will be getting back to me. They are closed today, so hopefully they call me tomorrow. She seems VERY happy though, playing and napping and hopping around. Has a HUGE appetite and drinking plenty of water.

Back