Doe is nesting, but isnt due for 2 weeks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she is sleeping right now.

I really am beginning to think she isnt pregnant at all. Or that the breeder had the dates (july 7th) wrong and it happened later...just because the movement in her belly.

If she wasnt sucessfully bred on the 7th of july, and the movement in her belly is just gas....i wonder if the breeding i did on the 31st took.

Patience, i know. gah..i hate patience.
:nerves1

Blaze_Amita wrote:
Patience escapes many of us. I for one am not much for patience. For some odd reason with my horses, my rabbits(grooming and whatnots) i can be patient. When I'm waiting for a doe to kindle. I'm overly anxious and I can't seem to settle down, so I'll force myself to go clean my saddles or bath the two horses or bathe my dog, something to keep me away from the rabbit barn.
yesterday, i had a dressage lesson that i cancelled, because i was so preoccupied with her, i didnt want to leave. lol...:shock:

OH NO!You cancelled your lesson? Logan, she is probably going to have them one evening... and if she did have them during the day, there isn't much you can do. If there was a problem, you'd be back in plenty of time to help her.

(Sending heavy DOUBLE doses of Bunny Zen your way! :pray::pray: :pray::pray: :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:)

BlueGiants wrote:
OH NO!You cancelled your lesson? Logan, she is probably going to have them one evening... and if she did have them during the day, there isn't much you can do. If there was a problem, you'd be back in plenty of time to help her.

(Sending heavy DOUBLE doses of Bunny Zen your way! :pray::pray: :pray::pray: :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: )
thank you Blue. :):twitch:<---face twitching crazy guy...like me..haha..

SOooo? Any updates? How is she? Any more nesting? (Getting any sleep?) :biggrin2:

Anything new with the doe? Any changes in behavior? I'd leave the nestbox in place until 4 days after her original due date.... just in case.

she never kindled, but I bred her 3 weeks ago (not knowing she was already bred) and so she may be due again the end of this week. If she fails to kindle again (after several breeding between her and my buck, and several breedings between her and the person i got her from) I will begin to think that maybe she will not be able to get preggo...which sucks. :( She is almost 3 with no successful litters under her belt.

3 years is a little old for a first litter. As the does mature, they tend to build up a layer of fatty tissue around their uterine horns. This can impede or prevent conception. And as they age, their pelvic bones are less pliable, so she may not be able to pass the kits successfully.

And at this point, it may not be a good thing for her to try and get pregnant.

I think that is the best thing for your doe. And I'm sure you'll have better luck with a younger girl. :agree

edited to add: But since you tried one more time (3 weeks ago) you still have to be vigilant and prepared.... just in case!

loppalove wrote:
definately, either way she will continue living her spoiled, pampered life....at the personal sacrifice of her slave. :biggrin2:

AS IT SHOULD BE...... :bow:bunnybutt:

Latest posts

Back