Doe getting meaner after spay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can totally relate and I am as exasperated as you are.

I have tried every trick in the book with Dahlia and she just gets worse. She also attacks just by anyone or anything approaching her cage. I have to throw a towel over her AND wear gloves just to remove her to clean her cage or even feed her. :?

To be honest, I haven't spayed her yet because I was told by members here that it most likely wouldn't solve the problem. I know of a good rbeeder that might take her in so I held off while I decide what to do. I love my Dahlia but even OUT of the cage she is as aggressive. :?I haven't done anything to her. :?

She attacks the cat. The cat is terrified of her and so are the bunnies. Because of that, I can't let Dahlia out. I won't go locking the cat up for Dahlia's attitude problem. So it's just not pleasant for anyone at this time. It just sucks when they get like that.

If you figure it out, lemme know. I'd be more than willing to try and turn things around with her!

?? re. spaying, because it sounds like it *would* help, not the reverse...

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Oh, Stan! I'm so sorry:(.
That does happen and I think you're right in your assumption of why it happened;).

After several days of observations, by nothaving Pebbles scent (touching Pebbles or her cage) first thing in the morning,
I am able to reach into Bebe's cage with no problems.

Lesson learned. :D

Like me with the foot cream, eh?! ;)

I'm truly glad to hear that things are going better with Bebe. Sometimes I wonder if bunnies think we humans are a bit "slow," re. things that are obvious to them - smells, sounds, etc. I think they cut us a lot of slack. :D

Keep in mind that complications can occur from surgery. This is a note from a study about neutering problems, not a spay, but there are also common spay issues.

The symptomsofteninclude aggression.

Abstract
There is a growing interest in rabbits as pets, and many pet rabbits are neutered to prevent pregnancy and avoid behavioral issues. Behaviors such as mating and aggression in neutered rabbits may suggest incomplete gonadectomy, adrenal disease, or other conditions.

sas :?

Latest posts

Back