Do your intact rabbits spray?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do they spray?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Baby Juliet

Reaction score
I'm finding pee stains all over the walls even though I use plastic bottom urine guard rabbit cages. Guess I need higher guards. Seems like they spray upwards and very far.

Intact males can spray, but so can does. Most of my bucks do not spray... but I've had a few that "loved" me a little too much and felt that they had to "mark" me whenever I held them. Honestly, I find that puberty has a lot to do with it. As they mature, they usually stop.

Sometimes, changing their location helps.Is henext to another (more mature) buck? Is the girl "next door" flirting with him? Might help to just move him to another cage, if you can.

Darn sorry I voted without reading closely. My bunnies don't spray but they are fixed. I voted "no" so one of those votes doesn't count.

I have never had a problem with my 3 boys spraying..

The only one that sprays in my house is the buck that is already neutered! and he sprays everywhere..

But it doesnt smell or anything.

I work at a Rabbit shelter and it seems to be 50/50; depending upon age, how long they've been there (haveseen fixed bunsnot "spray" but do not pee in their box, maybe a shelter problem)and may be breed specific, only basing this observation on what I've seen and not a suggestion it is true to the breed but, some younger lion heads(males)are a complete mess and spray (but only have 2 of these soagain, myscience might be scewed); have a couple of ladies also (not lionheads) who arenot fixed that spray in their cage - not directed at you like the males whowill try to "shoot" you in defiance or just being "piss - lol!

Fixing a bun seems to make this behaviour go away. But if your breeding then that a whole can of worms that I'm not sure of how to handle. Best of luck - like the idea of higher guards.

One of my bucks does it on and off. Since he moved outside with all the does, he's doing it a lot more. (Marking them. I brought home another male, and now he feels the need to keep him girl's marked. XD)

He also sprayed the judge at the show yesterday. For no reason? LOL.

Latest posts

Back