Do Your Buns Have Light at Night? (poll)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do Your Buns Sleep in......

• Pitch blackness?

• Or with a night light?

Results are only viewable after voting.
my bunny doesnt have a night light but my alarm clock is VERY bright so he's good and its not pitch black :)

It's been great reading these responses. I plan to get a very dim nightlight for Agnes. In the meantime I've been leaving the bathroom light on and shutting the door so enough light comes through the crack so she can see.

i voted pitch dark, but we do have a security light that may reach them (they're all outside)

Never thought about this. Ours are in a room that is off of our living room. The living room connects to the kitchen and I leave the light above the stove on at night (for my kids) so while they aren't in pitch black, they don't really have a light specifically for them. They don't seem to mind.

Lots of people leave lights on! Wow
I have rats, which are supposed to have 8 hours of darkness. All the small animals are in the bedroom so darkness for all during sleepy time.

Pitch blackness is "ahead" in the poll........

I'm still curious if buns can see better in the dark than we can....?

Since the fish tank stays on all night they have a very nice light from that.. not too bright, not too dark, its actually a very relaxing blueish color lol

No night lights in the bunny room. I turn the overhead light on when I get home from work and it stays on until Im ready for bed. Their room isnt completely dark as I do keep a night light on right outside their room. The room has lots of windows (two walls with three windows on each wall going across the entire length of the walls) so they get plenty of natural light during the day.

They also have their own radio which is on from morning until night time. I turn it off when the light is turned off. And no, they dont get to choose what channel to listen to :biggrin2:

MyBabyHasPaws wrote:
Since the fish tank stays on all night they have a very nice light from that.. not too bright, not too dark, its actually a very relaxing blueish color lol

You leave your tank lights on all night?

I didn't know which one to choose in the poll. They don't have a night light, but they're not in pitch dark (unless the moon is new or there are heavy clouds).It's really rare for us to have cloud cover (330 days of sunshine a year :coolness:).

There are windows where they are and the curtains stay open. No light from street lights visible.

I guess I'd say they are in natural nighttime light. ?

Does anyone think it's actually problematic to have them in the dark at night?

We don't have anything, but live in a very old house with barely any plugs... might be hard to find a spot to plug a night light in. :p

Ellie wrote:
Does anyone think it's actually problematic to have them in the dark at night?

We don't have anything, but live in a very old house with barely any plugs... might be hard to find a spot to plug a night light in. :p
I know our rabbits are all domestic, but their wild cousins sleep in dark burrows, right? I wouldn't think all dark is a problem.

I dont think all dark at night is a problem I just prefer a bit of light.

Latest posts

Back