do your buns get mad when it's night night time?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
do your bunnies get mad when it's time to goback in their cage? I think Spring knew what was going on because hegot mad and started running in his cage back and forth andjumbling up the towel and thumping like crazy. I told him to settledown and put his cage back in order and gave him some hay. He loungedat that point and I gave him a short pet on in head and told him goodnight.

Normal?

Ohhhhhh yeah. Big time. Harper is the worst, Chance is the fussiest. Thumper is blind, so he really doesn't know it's coming.

Chance will slam his feet and thump for about 2 minutes straight, ripthings apart in the cage, and then settle down. That's his littletemper tantrum.

Harper is fine once you actually get him back in the cage. However, hekicks so hard trying to place him back into the cageI'mscared he was going to hurt himself. So now I let him come and go outthe front door of the cage, and then scoot him back into the front doorafter playtime. Beats me being scratched.

But fussy back-to-cage time? Oh yeah.

Mr. Tumnus throws a fit about going in his condoat night. He wont go in if he thinks Im anywhere near...he will watchme around 11 or 12 because he knows Im going to try and trap him inthere :D

Apollo always hops in the cage every night whenI put their salad in, but some nights Sophie just stands outside thecage door and watches Apollo eat, she won't go in until I leave theroom. A few times though she saw me coming with the salad bowl and ranunder the bed and thumped at me and refused to come out, so I just letthem stay out that night. :D

-Kelly

My bunny gets mad too. She starts tugging thebars of her cage and sometimes chewing on things she shouldn't be, likethe plastic layer of her vinyl tiles in her cage, or her litter box.

lol he must know then that it's night time. Iusually wait for him to go back in and close the door behind him. It'stoo hard to try to catch him. He doesn't trust us that much yet so Itry not to unless I have to. tonight I did to take him into the livingroom with me and he just kept running back in the room and then zoominto the living room and dash back in the room.
I've been trying to get him to go out for a few days and let him know he has more room to run if he wants it.

Oh yesmy girls getmad!:rollseyesThey act all please to see my at first, runningup for some pets and to check if I have any food,;)but assoon as they realise I am packing away their toys suddenly I can't getnear them!:foreheadsmack:Millie is the worst though, insteadof going in her carrier she gets on top of it and refuses tocome down.:brat:

grumpyMills.jpg

What am I going to do with them eh?:devil:toastingbuns

Rosey, one good trick for catching them at nightis to make night-time feeding time. I put pellets in around 6 or 7 andthen greens in at 10 or 11, that way he's going in and out so much inthe evening, Im bound to catch him one of the times!

Guess I got lucky with Anna; I put food in hercage an hour or so before I go to bed, and she is either already inthere, or she follows me in and settles down to eat. Doesn't bother hera bit. But she isn't really an active rabbit anyway...the only time shestarts to really run around is when she knows it's dinner time and thefood is coming. :) And since she's one big glutton-ball, she never getsupset when I close the cage door. She's too busy stuffing her face tosay anything.

oscar is a little like your anna. he's not super active but as soon as he knows food iscoming he'll run between his cage and the fridge. Most nightsi make a few extra trips between the two just so he'll get some extraexercise. he gets so excited to go in his cage.

i don't think oscar has ever stomped! maybe he doesn't knowhow.lol when he gets upset he throw his litter box arroundbut most night he's just too exausted from sleeping all day! heheh

I never have a problem getting my bunny back inher cage though. I shake the craisin bag whenever she needs to go backand she hops in as happy as can be and inhales the treat. Once she'sfinished with that, though, is when she gets mad, especially if I stickaround in the room.

Do my buns get mad when it's night night time? Let's see:

Speedy: Thinks it's a game and loves to make Daddy follow her around the room....

Smokey: Goes into Run Away Mode and thumps every couple of steps....

Nipper: Hops a little then stops and looks up at me, "What?"

Chipper: Just runs around zigzagging probably hoping that I'll give up and let him have his way.....

Heh, I love my buns. :)

Wallace

Babii (my buns) Dosent have a cage that opens onthe side, it opens on the top so i always have to pick her up. I'vegotten used to it so i found a new way to pick her up. But she willonly throw fits if i leave ( I know because i stand at the door tryingto hear what shes doing) If i stay she will lay down and fall asleep sothen i leave :p.

She also know when its night and im about to go to bed I'll say, Goodnight babii Lay down and she usually will. but i try not to pick her upto late or shewill get hyper and i cant sleep.

Mine don't get mad at all, because I feed themtheir veggies and pellets at the same time. They actually getreally excited even though they know they're getting locked int theircages again because they really want their veggies.

I am not sure if they are mad, all I know iswhen it time for them to go back in cages, they think I am rabbit and Ishould run like them all around the house. Sheesh I am a person withtwo leg not four.

All three of my buns don't have a "cage". Theyhave a bedroom with an attached "play-space" that they get to run allaround in 24/7. So....no fussing here;).

When Ryan and I get our own place this summer, they will eventually (Ihope) have free run of most of the house, then an area where they willbe closed off in to sleep at night, then I am sure we will have someangry bunbuns!

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Latest posts

Back