do you think it will be okay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manda

Reaction score
well its been over six months. the bunnies areSTILL not bonded on non neutral territory. they love each other to bitson neutral territory. they groom and binkie together. they play andsleep, there are soo in love with each other. unless i put them on nonneutral territory then they actually start to fight. like lock ontoeach other and fight!

well i am moving anywhere from December, to April. when i move ofcourse nothing will smell like either rabbit, so there isnt any nonneutral territory. do you think i can put my rabbits in the cagetogether and then they will be bonded and just fine? i leave them onnon neutral territory 13 hours a day sometimes and they have noaggression at all! so i think that when i move i can just start housingthem together without a problem.

whats yall's opinion on this?

I say no. Why? Because unless it's a brand newcage, one of them will still think it's theirs. Is it possible to justput them in a room together with no cage? If you do that for a week andclean the cages really good with bleach, the scent will be all gone andafter about a week, hopefully they wont associate the cage with theirterritory and be fine with it.

the cages are nic pens. i was going to just washthem really good or buy new ones. they are in this to on the nonnuetral territory and dont fight in it. so i am not worried about that

I would do that. Wash everything really wellwhen you move and then set it up in their new room. Put them both inthe room first and leave the cage door open with food/water/hay andmaybe some treats in it. Then let them explore (actually if you can letthem ride there together that would be even better).

Just be prepared for the worst, just in case. Dont leave them alonelike this until you're 100 percent sure of no fighting. Ifthey seem to be okay in this new area and are going in and out of thecage with no fighting, you should be fine. Just make sure you keep agood eye on them.

Keep us posted and I really hope this works. With mine, from the secondthey were fine in neutral, they were fine in non-neutral so I dont havetoo much experience...just going by my gut.

Good Luck!

-Haley

Have you ever put them in the same carrier before? If not, just be careful!

I actually used car rides as part of the bonding process when Ioriginally bonded Basil and Max. I would take them for car rides (my bfdrove and I sat in the back with the buns just on a towel in the seatnext to me). They snuggled the whole way even though they usually wouldfight like mad upon seeing one another. I think the motion of the carscares them so they snuggle up to one another.

Anyway, please keep us posted..Hopefully this move will sort of force them into friendship!

yes they have been in the carrier before together too.

i swear its just like they are bonded! like, 100% bonded, just not inthe bed room (thats where both bunnies live and have equal out time)they share litter boxes, carriers, bowls, toys, everything.

wow..thats weird!

Sounds like moving to a new place (with no scent of either bun) just might be the answer for you.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Back