Do you tattoo bunnies before selling them

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you tattoo you bunnies before you sell them

• Alway

• Never

• Only when show or breeder quality

• Would but don't have the stuff for it

Results are only viewable after voting.
I will always tattoo them if they are show or brood quality. Put it in my records. It's a form of identification and organization. Pet quality...no not ever unless the new owner want their new bunny tattooed

We tattoo rabbits we will be showing. If one of our litter isn't showable then we don't usually tattoo it before finding it a home. Unless you have the equipment I wouldn't worry about it.

what i wanted to put matches what SNM said. I wouldn't say I always do, but it makes making the pedigrees in Evans alot easier to have an ear listed. I havemy own clamp tattoo kit~though I've got to find more ink~ and I usually do them at 8 weeks, especially if i plan to show them or bring them to a show to sell. If they're not a recognized color, I don't tattoo them, but a tattoo is listed on their pedigree.

Yes every rabbit that leaves our barn has a tattoo! I have a special tattoo for a show rabbit, for a brood rabbit and for a pet rabbit this way I know how I classed that rabbit when it left my barn.

I want people to know that rabbit came from my place. And no one tries to forge or change Pedigrees.

and as for pet quality 'PET' is tattooed in the ear.

Im with SNM on this! A tatoo can be a way for a new pet owner to help find a lost bunny but besides that I would tat a regular show tattoo on a show/brood bun.

I like what Tobi said.. We usually just put SNM and some number. We might put SN prefix for brood and SM prefixes for show. Thanks for that idea Tobi

This is helpfull info here. I was wondering if we should do this. We are calling our rabbitry Rock'N 4 Rabbitry and with a brand of the rock'N 4 on all our rabbits would be cool I thought. So, I am going to tattoo all the rabbits and just put the Rock'N 4 on pet quality.

Latest posts

Back