do you house your rabbit outdoors?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment, my buns are all inside buns,however I'm thinking of starting to show once I get moved andsettled. The show bunnies would probably be outside in asmall shed that I could heat and air condition (I'm paranoid...my bunslive better then I do, I swear...).

Jen

I currently have 14 rabbits outside inhutches. They are all the bucks. The other 27rabbits are in mybasement. They are all does andsome with babies. All the bucks stay outside because they canspray. Some does will live outside but all of my show doeslive in the basement to keep their coats from rusting in the sun.

Right now, I have 4 outside...3 more will bemoving oustde this week (these are in the basement, I had brought allof them inside because of the excessive heat & humidity we hadhere). I have 15 in my computer room...3 of which are notcaged. I also have 2 others that run free in mylivingroom/kitchen area. hmmmm, missing 3...where the heckdid I put them? Oh yeah!! The 3, in the basement,that stay there all the time! 5 more outside buns are comingnext month.

I have two rabbits'they are outside in the daythrough the summer and come indoors in the night time and through thewinter.We have a large doublecage for the house so they have more room to playand wander arround:colors:

All of my 10 rabbits areoutside all the time. They go threw winter, fall, spring and summer. Wehave had only about two rabbits die of the change in tempature or howcold/warm it was outside. those rabbits are not included. All myrabbits right now in East Falmouth are doing good in thisheat/humidity. Usually we freeze water in bottles and give them one ortwo, depending on size and how hot they are, to cool down for thenight. My French Lops usually always get 1 everyday in the summer, eventhough they are in the shade, they still get reallyhot.

If I could keep my rabbits in side I would keepthem everywhere in the house, so they could roam and wonder around andhave fun. I also wish my house was air conditioned.

Thanks

cleo

inside, too afraid to keep them outside becauseof predators. And its easier for me just to go in our spare bedroom andcheck on him instead of going outside.

My three rabbits are house rabbits. Iprefer having them inside as members of the family, and knowing theyare safe and secure. :) Plus, it's so fun having themaround. I wouldn't be able to spend as much time with them ifI kept them outside, and I'd worry too much. ;P

I only have one pet rabbit, and he lives inside with me.

I have a question for the breeders here: do you breed rabbits as yourlivelihood? If not, how do you have a job andfind timeto care for so many rabbits? I don't think I could handle that...havingjust one rabbit takes plenty of my time. :shock:

My rabbits live outside. We don't get anypredators eccept cats but my bunnies are as big as them anyway plus mycat (and hens) chase them away, lol. They are like one big family, mypets, all looking out for each other. Although it's hard work going outin rain, snow, thunderstorms etc i do it for my bunnies and i think isuffer more. They are in a warm comfey hutch whereas i'm soakingchecking if they are ok.In the recent thunderstorms we had in England ihad to rescue my cat from under the shed and then i went to 'save' mybunnies and they were asleep in the back of the hutch!! They are astough as old boots!!

Im 16 and so I have to go to school dohw ect. Thank God its almost out. I have 10 buns currently,more to come. I have a rabbit show every weekend, and I'mgetting a job. Every other week I have a rabbit club meeting,as well as a jr.fair board meeting. I show and ride my horse,and Im a director at my county fair, and its a pretty big fair. But Isill manage to keep up.

My buns spend most of the year outside in theirhutch or in their run. During the heat of the summer, theycome inside. We have about two - four weeks of frost in thewinter. They will come inside for part of the winter aswell.

Latest posts

Back