Do you feed veggies? Fruit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you feed veggies if yes how often?

• No I do not feed veggies

• I feed veggies every day

• I feed veggies every other day

• I feed veggies once a week

• I feed veggies atleast once a month

• I don't feed fruit

• I feed fruit every day

• I feed fruit every other day

• I feed fruit once a week

• I feed fruit atleast once a month

• I feed veggies and fruit every day

• I feed veggies and fruits every other day

• I feed veggies and fruits once a week

• I feed veggies and fruits atleast once a week

• I feed just pellets and hay

• I feed just hay

• I feed just pellets

Results are only viewable after voting.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
So because of a post on another thread I thought I would start a poll...

The poll is multiple choice in case you have a different answer for veggies and fruit.

Sadly, I admit I only feed fruit and veggies at least once a week sometimes not even that :(

I'm trying to get mum to buy some different sorts.

I feed fruit and veggies every other day. Usually one day veggies the next fruit.

My buns all get veggies every other day and I ticked once a week for fruit because I give it as occasional treats, probably works out at once or twice a week...

my guys get veggies everyday, and oh my god they act like they never eat i couldnt imagine not giving them it everyday, lol, they would be so pathetic.

Fruit i give it w hen i have it, so sometimes it is more often then others.

Mine get grass and dandelions every day. They get veg every other day and fruit on occasion, usually because I eat it all :p

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Dunkin is too young to have veggies or fruit regularly, but once he is old enough he will get veggies daily and a bit of fruit weekly. Right now I'm slowly introducing him to Parsley and it's going good. He loves it!

My three get a large amount of various fresh vegetables every day, and a small amount of fresh fruit every day, usually apple, sometimes grapes, peaches or strawberries if we have any. They would be just a bit angry if they didn't get it. :shock: I only feed a small amount of pellets. They also get a big bowl of freshly picked grass and dandelions in the mornings, mum does that for me when I'm at school. :)

Seems a bit mean to me to not give them fruit & veg. Imagine living your life on boring old pellets and hay!

Becca wrote:
Sadly, I admit I only feed fruit and veggies at least once a week sometimes not even that :(

I'm trying to get mum to buy some different sorts.
I wouldn't feel guilty at all I was feeding them fruit and veg everyday for the first week and it just didn't agree so now there on only pellets and hay.

When I had a rabbit she got a treat of fruit or veggies at least once a week, usually more. Every time I ate a banana I would make sure to break her off an end of it as I think those were her favorites. :bunnyangel:

Hershey eats mostly veggies. Most of the year, I just pick weeds for him: dandelion, chicory, plantain, clovers, wild carrot, wild parsley, alfalfa, wild grape leaves and mulberry leaves (I think that's about it). In the winter I buy Spring Mix, dandelion leaves and parsley for him.

He has free access to hay and pellets, but he doesn't eat much of them. I give him 2 - 4 raisins per day for a treat, that's the only fruit he eats.

It's interesting to see the varied diet of different rabbits!

Lola gets veggies when we have them ( obviously more in the spring and summer months when I can get to the farmer's market), she's not big on fruit but we keep trying....so far she'd rather have pellets than a piece of apple...

if you are a carrot top (not so much the carrot...) or lettuce...you are is serious danger!

Mine used to get veggies every day, but now that prices have DOUBLED (a head of romaine costs almost $3.00, parsley is $1.50 and cilantro is $1.99) they are getting them now every other day.

If prices come back down, they will start getting them every day again.

Same with Bo. I give him lots of hay and he eats it like a little piggy! and his pellets - but fruit and veggies and treats...... they get them but not every single day and not all in one day.

Hayley411 wrote:
I don't feed fruit or veggies regularly because Sherbert has a sensitive tummy and gets runny poos if she eats very much.

~Hayley

I seldom feed my rabbits veggies and fruits. Sometimes they'll get a salad with lots of things in it, and that may be all they get for that month.

In the summer, I try to give them a salad at least every week and they get fresh picked grass daily.

I'm going to start feeding them more veggies & fruits regularly, at least once a week, which will just be this big salad thing with lots of things in it. They really enjoy it and plus the oranges are good for their fur.

Emily

Mine each get a big salad every morning. about 1 1/2 cups for the single, 3 cups for the pair. They usually get a mix of parsley, cilantro, and leaf lettuce. Right now they are also getting kale, it has been looking really good and the price is down, but I just split one leaf among them. I try to throw an "extra" veg into the normal salad, but I keep it to low quantities. Winter will bring brussels sprouts (1/2 per bun), spring chicory leaves, summer fresh herbs, the occasional baby carrot, etc.

They also get fruit every day. But it's not very much: Each bunny gets 1 slice of fresh banana each morning (or a banana chip if I'm out of fresh). Amelia will not accept fruit substitutions in the morning, there is banana or I am in trouble (she won't even eat another fruit in the morning, even ones she likes as treats.) Plus one raisin or dried cranberry in the evening, along with a Papaya tablet. Amelia won't eat the papaya tablet, though, so only Tobi and Nick get them.

Produce prices were so high this year! I have had to cut into my own grocery budget a bit to make sure the buns have fresh veg every day. They love the veggies so much, I can't deny them.

Latest posts

Back