Do you DIY for your bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuellaJean

Reaction score
So since I recently found out that my bunny brothers are in fact bunny brother and sister, I decided that Sweetie's blue harness just wasn't going to cut it! And I got creative... and I made her a harness with some grosgrain ribbon and heavy duty velcro. I was wondering, does anyone else have any good do-it-yourself ideas for our beloved bunnikins? I'd love to see pics and we could provide how-to's too!

101_0575-1-1.jpg
101_0572-1.jpg

This is before I added the bows ;)

101_0573-1.jpg

That is so cute!! I tried to put a harness on mine but she chewed FIVE of them off in one week! So she's a nudie now.

Lol nudie. I guess my 2 are tolerant of the harnesses because from 6 weeks old when I got them I started them wearing them. Sweetie tolerates the tutus I made for her too. They act like they aren't even there.

Hi Luella,

I make mine clothes, blankets andpillows. Very spoilt bunnies.:)

I'm at work now so I can't post pictures but if you go to my blog you'll see lots of pictures of them.:biggrin2:

Susan:D

My creativity is more cage related. I made both of mine hay racks & litter boxes. I like the idea of velcro for tying but I'd be scared the velcro would let loose if he tugged on it

Thanks Jill! I'm actually going to be making another one with my sister on Friday, so I'll take step by step pictures. It's just sewing on the velcro and assembling the pieces. I also have store-bought harnesses that I used to estimate measurements and structure. PM me your email address and I'll send you the pics this weekend. ;)

I would love a DIY! I have wanted to get my bun a harness/leash but the ones in the pet stores.. just can't bring myself to do it. Just not my style! Need something waaay cuter. And I'm crafty, too! I'd love a list of DIY's here on RO! :D

I haven't tried a harness yet with ours but talking about clothes reminds me of the 4-H kids at our local fair. They have a regular rabbit show and also a costume class for the kids. It's so cute to see the kids dressed up to match their bunnies! There are rules for the bunnies comfort but the kids do a great job. (In case anyone is wondering, you get to keep your pet rabbit if you show in 4-H, you only auction off steers, hogs and sheep).

I'm with the people who said they would be interested in instructions for making the leash! I want one for my little Rue because he loves exploring in different places, but the ones I've seen at the pet stores look uncomfortable or they are just too much.

Back