Do rabbits really love chewing Willow wood?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichelleandThumper

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Out of Thumper and Willow thumper is the one who ignores most of wood chew blocks and loofas so I got them a package of Willow sticks. I've heard around that rabbits love chewing Willow sticks? Is this true? I'm trying to encourage Thumper to chew so will these help?

Yes, my rabbit chews berry wood and she loves it so much she even eats it!

Not all do, but it seems to be one of the more popular woods... it can also be hit-or-miss depending on the style, thickness, etc. For example, my girls adore willow balls and actual branches but ignore the little "pretzel" sticks and wouldn't chew a willow tunnel, either. Normie has ignored his willow ball but loves the little pretzel sticks. Go figure, lol.

Mine will ignore shop bought wood. I take willow straight from the tree, which they eat, and back when our apple tree had more healthy wood my bunnies would eat that.

My rabbit Willow already has the willow ball I bought her almost gone! So I know she enjoys that but Thumper prefers the trim on the wall. Of course he wants to chew things he shouldn't!

Latest posts

Back