Do rabbits purr for other rabbits?

• Thread starter Sophie's Humble Servant
  • Start date
Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sophie's Humble Servant

I only have Sophie so I don't know but was curious. Do rabbits purr(grind teeth in contentment) for other rabbits? I'm assuming yes...For instance when I pet Sophie she purrs so if she was getting groomed by another rabbit would she purr also?

I am not sure if I noticed this with Black Jack and SunDancer or not. All I know is BJ is crazy about his girl and has to be cuddled right up next to her every chance he gets! I know he has bonded to her and she seems to be all right with him as well and she grooms him and he has groomed her, but I am not sure about the "purring" thing or not.

I am not sure if I have heard purring, but my bun buzzes when he plays with my Shih Tzu...he follows her around and they interact and play. It's super cute.

Sometimes they purr very quietly so it's hard to hear unless you're up close but sometimes I know Sophie is purring from a distance when I sing to her because I see her eyes close half way and I can see her mouth vibrating.

Yes, they will tooth purr with each other, and also when alone and just laying there with no one petting or grooming them, like you observed with Sophie. I think pretty much anytime they are feeling completely content is when they seem to do it. It just happens most when they are being petted as many buns really like that.

Latest posts

Back