Do rabbits need annual checkups?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smile414

Reaction score
Hi there. I was wondering. Do rabbits need annual vet check ups like dogs and cats? Thanks!

Myself always do it, a few vets find it weird but I rather be extra careful. I do the check up when I do the yearly vaccinations of my bunnies ☺

I only do it because bunny hide pain really well and can be hard seeing the molars.

I tend to think it's a really good choice, although here in the US they don't need annual vaccinations yet!
It helps to have a solid relationship with your vet who knows what normal looks like for your rabbit in case something does go wrong!

I made this post with some general vet tips that may be helpful for you! :)
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/tips-and-tricks-at-the-vet.98512/

Ok thanks! I know rabbits are good at hiding pain so it would be a good idea. I just didn’t know if vets allow it, since they don’t really have vaccinations in the USA

Myself always do it, a few vets find it weird but I rather be extra careful. I do the check up when I do the yearly vaccinations of my bunnies ☺

I only do it because bunny hide pain really well and can be hard seeing the molars.

Ok. Except where I live they still don’t have vaccinations. There are maybe a few across the country. I’ll try to do annual checkups however vaccinations I can’t do until the u.s.a has gotten more.

I take my rabbit to the vet for a check up every three months. I like the confirmation that my rabbit is okay but I’m sure it’s not necessary 😅

While it isn’t a necessary to go yearly, (or more 😆), it is a good option

I'm in the opposite camp, but, then again, I've had rabbits since the late 1980s. The only time mine go to the vet is if there is a medical reason. Most of mine (over the years) have never been to the vet. I know of one that did go once. That's it -- as far as memory serves.

I'd say do whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Latest posts

Back