Do rabbits get jealous of each other?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foreverblue127

Reaction score
I know my dogs get jealous of each other and the buns. But do rabbits? I imagine so. My adult rabbit (Bun Bun) seems to be very upset with me. I have been working on bonding with my baby bun (Peanut) and since then bun bun wants nothing to do with me. It's like I am cheating on him or something! I still pay attention to bun bun but he won't come to me as often or let me pet him. He turns his back to me:( He is also reverting back to some bad behaviors. He has started peeing on the floor again after he had been doing so good. He is also in the process of moulting. Which I have never dealt with before. Do they act differently when they moult? Is he jealous? I plan on spending some extra time with him this weekend. He had been doing fine with peanut here until I started spending more time with him. What do you think?

From personal experience I would say yes. If I'm in Peaches' cage, Popcorn will try to stick his nose through the grids to get to me. He's even jumped over the Xpen barrier, he doesn't like it when I spend time with Peaches.

I would spend equal time with both bunnies. Prince and I are bonded, as Sweetie and I are bonded. They both have different bonds with me. They are bonded with each other as well. It took longer to bond with Prince than it did with Sweetie though. With Sweetie the bond was instant, with Prince it took a year or more.

But yeah spend eequal time with both of them, maybe you will bond quickly with your baby bun or it may take a while.

I know if I am petting Walter, Willow will come out from wherever she was hiding to get her share of the love. She also chased Wally around the room when I was showing him some attention, I definitely could tell she was a jelly belly. So now I try to pet them together if possible so They
don't get upset because I hate when I get bunny butt attitude!

Latest posts

Back