Do my rabbit have mites?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawaii608

Reaction score
The pictures might not be very clear, but i think you can still see the bold patch. I somehow got rid of the flakes.

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

its hard to tell from the pics. It really could just be shedding, especially if shes been stressed lately. Is she itching it?

its a girl -.-"

my rabbit isn't realyy sratching but why would it be sheadin when its soo cold?

and when i comb it on the bottom it has white stuff stuck to it.

Is she just shedding in that one area where the white flaky stuff was?

If so, it is probablymites.

You can try kitten flea powder on that area to see if it clears it up. Mites are different from fleas, but the flea powder kills them. You won't be able to see the mites. They are too small, but they cause the white flaky stuff and shedding.

Oh god, the pictures aren't working again.:?i'll re upload the same onces again later or take clearer shots. I got the 8 int 1 flea and tick spray for small animals. My rabbit doesn't seem to like it. She always tried to get away from it.

And is it okay after i spray it on her, she ends up chewing on that spot? Will she get sick by licking or biting the area i just sprayed her at?

Kawaii608 wrote:
And is it okay after i spray it on her, she ends up chewing on that spot? Will she get sick by licking or biting the area i just sprayed her at?
I've never used that. Does it say it's okay on the bottle? If it's for small animals, it should be okay, but I wouldn't use too much. Just make sure it covers the affected skin and wipe up any extra.

I used that for Basil and Max.

Make sure when you spray it you cover her face (dont let any get in her mouth/nose/eyes). I always used a towel to cover the buns head while I sprayed and worked the stuff through with my fingers. You will really need to make sure you get a good coat all over her, focusing on the back and working your way out and up.

Its okay if she licks it, but try to discourage her from doing so. Maybe clap your hands or yell NO when you see her licking.

I think the flea problem has gotten worst. My rabbit is bleeding. I think she bit her selft too hard. When rabbit's skin has fleas does it turn back? Becuz some parts of my rabbit's skin turned black. Today i'm going to try and wash my rabbit and drown the fleas. it might be easier to clean.

I agree with Spring.

It sounds like the treatments aren't working and it's getting worse.

I think a vet visit might be the best thing at this point.

~Jim

I have to agree. Things are not working than time for the vet.

I wouldnt give her a bath. If she does have fleas or mites, water alone wont get rid of them. Plus you risk putting her into shock if you submerge her in water.

I dont see why she should be bleeding at all from this. Unless it sitching so bad that shes biting/scratching herself. You need to get her to the vet as soon as you can.

I guess i'll have to make an appointment.

Do i just ask them for a check up or i have to say something else to the lady.

And how much is a check up?

Ps. my rabbit doesn't mind baths becuz before is payed her I used to give her baths almost every sunday becuz she would poop and pee all over the place and smell really really bad.

I would call up the vet's office and just describe the problem and that you would like the vet to look at the bald patches.

They should know what to do from there. And you can ask them how much they would charge and they will tell you.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back