Do my pet bunnies not like me if I can't hold them?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reactor

Reaction score
I wouldn't wonder, but I used to be able to hold them and they loved it. I had a few weeks where I didn't see them but long enough to feed them and water them and clean out their cage due to work. Now that I'm done with work (and school) for a while and my boss isn't going to be overworking me anymore since the garage has slowed down now (though the bonus pay was worth it), I want to try to get more in touch with my rabbits but they don't really act the same toward me anymore. Do they just not like me anymore?

so you couldn't hold them for a few weeks, now they are acting different because you havent held them or spent quality time with them ?
if this is right, you just have to start bonding with them and handling them. they will start to get used to you again. and make sure to give them their favorite treats or toys to regenerate the trust/bond that you and your bunnies had!!!!! you can also try just spending time petting and pampering them or just doing things they enjoy with you. of course they like you its just been a while since they've seen you!!! :) they should become your best friends again :)

let me know if this helps :) i hope it does!!

how old are they? if they were quite young before, many bunnies grow out of liking to be held and snuggled.

if they were adults back when they liked to be cuddled, then you need to spend time with them and work on getting them to bond to you again (probably true even if they were babies before) - it's more a matter of not really knowing you than not liking you ;)

Latest posts

Back