Do I need to take the boys to the vet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoragrl

Reaction score
If you read my RB thread, you know that Lilly passed away unexpectedly while I was on vacation and I have no idea why. I am really worried about the boys since I couldn't have a necropsy done on her. . . . They were acting completely normal last night but that doesn't mean nothing is wrong because she was acting normally too. . . Should I take them into my vet for a check up just to be safe?

I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be so hard when you don't even know what happened. What would you ask the vet to look for?

I would probably keep an eye on them and make sure that they are eating, pooping and peeing well and that they are not lethargic.

Then again, I would probably want to take them to the vet for reassurance. Sorry I'm not much help. You and the boys are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

I don't know what's right in this situation, but this is what I would do: I would take the boys to the vet just to be sure that there's not anything going on. Otherwise I think I'd be worried sick which could in turn stress them out and exacerbate anything that may be lying beneath the surface. For your own peace of mind, I'd really consider taking them.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please let us know what happens and what you decide. You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I set up an appointment for them tomorrow. She doesn't really think it's necessary considering the health issues we already knew Lilly had when I got her but I would rather be safe then sorry and I would never forgive myself if I don't get them checked out and something happened to them too.

Latest posts

Back