Do dreams mean anything to you?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crisi1987

Reaction score
Well i was just thinking about this randomly.

after my mom died almost 3 years ago i became seperated from people andstopped showing any emotions about anything. i can remember about amonth after she died i had a dream about her. she wasnt in any of mydreams after she died. anyways, i was at afair with my bestfriend(who found out at the same time as me about my mom dying) we werewalking around the fair and out of nowhere my mom walked in front of usand started crying and yelling at me, asking me why i dont talk to heranymore and why i dont care about her.

it really scared me, i woke up from it crying. i think mostly becausemy grandpa always told me that when someone close to you dies, you canpray to God and "talk" to them. well i never did that with her, ihonestly just wanted to forget about her. it was too painful to dealwith after losing a lot of people i was close with. so to me, thatdream meant that just because she died, i could still "talk" to her.

but anyways... im curious if anyone else has had dreams such as this, or any that have meaning behind them.

Crisi, I have had so many dreams that have meantthings to me...I've had a loved one who passed away last year come tome in a dream, a person I lost contact with (who is still living) cometo me many many times in dreams, I've had a couple of dreams that werepremonitions, and many that were messages for me, all symbolic innature.

We all experience different types of dreams throughout our lives. Someare symbolic in nature, and we can decipher the meanings through thesymbolism. Some are prophetic. Some are fear-based, alerting us to whatit is we might be harboring inside that hinders us in some way. Someare created through events that may have taken place, or things we mayhave seen, in the day or two before having them. And some (I believe)are actual communication with those who have passed. I agree absolutelywith what your grandfather used to tell you...the veil between thosewho have crossed over and those who are still living on Earth is a thinone, and communication is definitely possible. I suspect you may becorrect in what your dream was telling you, and your mother's emotionsin the dreams over lack of contact could very well be your own inneremotions coming out through her.

Incidentally, you can try asking certain questions before going to bed,stating that you would love to have the answers come to you in yourdreams...and affirm to yourself that you will remember the dream uponawakening. Often this does help a person to not only recall theirdreams, but also to receive guidance on whatever they are wonderingabout. Keeping a notepad and pen by the bed also can help, as we tendto forget most of the dream within moments of waking.

It can be so hard to lose someone from our lives through transition,yet I find it so comforting to know that they are not really gone...andthat communication is still possible on some level. I'm sorry to hearthat you lost your mom; I lost my mother many years ago, when I was 10.Yet I know that she watches over me and guides me, and while I do findit difficult to establish contact with her (a lot of childhood issueshave caused me to block that) I did manage to reach her once, and felther presence as clearly as if she were there in the physical.

And as for dreams in general, I love it whenever I can recall them, forthey are full of information and guidance, and it can be so interestingin piecing together the clues to understand what they are trying totell us.

Thank you Bassetluv for replying! i have a lotof dreams that ive had repeatedly since i was at least 6y/o. but i cantreally tell if they mean anything.. or what they mean if they do. imusually really good at remembering my dreams. its kind of weird butrandomly during the day ill start seeing my dream all over again that ihad a week ago. i really appreciate what you said about being able tocommunite with people who have passed on. i believed that until istarted highschool, in my religion classes my teachers would say thingsthat i dont believe to be true..

i always heard from them, that theres no such thing as spirits or"ghosts" on earth.. even though i believe that and i have a lot ofthings happening that make me believe it. very weird stories.. but inmy bedroom, ever since i lived here i saw an arm sticking out of mycloset door reaching down the door knob but it could never reach it. iknow i wasnt dreaming while that was happening. it was something thatalways scared me, but i believed it was a spirit who for some reasonwas trapped in my closet. is that weird? my aunt who use to live in mybedroom when she grew up here told me a couple years ago how she saw anarm coming out of the closet too. its kind of weird how we didnt talkabout it with eachother before then but the same thing had been goingon. i always feel bad and want to help the "spirit" but i get reallyscared... and i close my door, lock it, block it with boards and put atable in front of it.. lol.

but anyways, it always confused me in school because everyone wasagainst being able to communicate with someone who had died. one of myteachers after my mom died told me i should move on as quick aspossible and not think about her because it would make things worse. healso always told me that i could never think she went to heaven becausetheres no guarenty... well i knew her pretty well, and i knew she was agood person.

ill think of questions to ask before i go to bed tonight. thanks for sharing info with me.

by the way... this is very confusing and i could have said somethingbefore but didnt think of it. who i call my mom.. is actually mygrandma. i considered her as my mom since i was about 2 years old. mybirth mom didnt want me after i was born and gave me up to my dad whodidnt want me and... well i went to a really bad home with problems andmy grandma found out and had me come and live with her. so ive alwayscalled her my mom and think of her as my mom. i typed out about my momin the last post and in most of this one without even thinking aboutit.

also.. im not typing out things about my past or anything for any kindof attention, a lot of people think thats why i talk about that stuff.but in reality, i have no good friends to talk to about things likethat. i have good friends, but none of them understand any of it. idlove to find someone to talk to about everything that upsets me aboutmy past and things that have happened to me but when i try to talk tosomeone they ignore it or just dont understand any of it and make jokesabout it.

I 100% believe in dreams. Ever sincemygirl Pepsi died, I've had dreams where some how she fits in. The nightshe died when I was dreaming, it was so real feeling leaning in hercage with my nose against her neck petting her while I tried toconvince someone she was still there, don't know whothough.When I have this dream, and I've had it a few timessince then,the feeling of my fingers against her fur and justeverything is so real. Ever since, I get thiscomfortingfeeling when I wake up that she's withme.

I do talk to her throughout the day, and I know she's my little gaurdian angel.

Spring wrote:
I100% believe in dreams. Ever sincemy girl Pepsi died, I'vehad dreams where some how she fits in. The night she died when I wasdreaming, it was so real feeling leaning in her cage with my noseagainst her neck petting her while I tried to convince someone she wasstill there, don't know who though.When I have this dream,and I've had it a few times since then,the feeling of myfingers against her fur and just everything is so real. Ever since, Iget this comfortingfeeling when I wake up that she's withme.

I do talk to her throughout the day, and I know she's my little gaurdian angel.

I told you that she was still with you.
I'll bet you still see her, too.

You two have that connection that can never be broken. It a special gift.

~Jim

It depends. Do you think that nightmares are actually dreams aswell?

I always forget my dreams but remember my nigthmares.

I had one a month ago about my boyfriend and his dad and this otherrandom girl i had never seen before. They all had evil twinsand tryed to kill me. So when they pinned me down I strangledeach one with all my strenght with my bare hands. And it wasso scary! I woke up in tears, and my wrists were so numb fromall the srangling :?which is freaky. Also in mydream my boyfriend cut me on my arm with a knife. And youknow when you lay on something all night and you wake up with dents inyour skin kinda thing, I had one on my arm exactly the sameplace my boyfriend had cut me with the knife. It just felt soreal when I woke up. I was so scared! I literallywoke up knackered!

But ever since that dream/nightmare me and my boyfriend have beenhaving problems in our relationship. It even ended for a fewweeks, and it isnt quite back together as of yet.

Linz_1987 wrote:
It depends. Do you think that nightmares are actually dreams aswell?

I most certainly do. Nightmares are a different form of dream, usuallyabout something that is very urgent in your life at the time you haveit. For example, if you dream about your house being on fire, it meansthat there is a burning issue with you or your family. Dreams are suchhelpful tools for your life; they bring you the headline news as towhat's going on in your life, what you're happy about, what you're nothappy about, and what you think needs attention.

Here is a link for an online dream forum:

http://www.dreammoods.com

They have a section that has a dictionary with a ton of meanings forsymbolic things in one's dreams. Mind you, whenever trying to analyze adream and understand the meaning of the things in it, you have toremember that not everything that has as a specific meaning will applyto you specifically. For instance, if you dream ofmail,according to the dream dictionary it may mean

"To dream that receive mail, indicates thatyou need to communicate or re-establish contact with someonefrom your present/past. It may also represent messages fromyour unconscious or intuition. The mail may also be a pun on a "male"in your life."

That doesn't necessarily mean that thisinterpretation will be correct for you. Only you will know if themeaning will apply or not. I find the dictionary helpful as a guidlineonly. I once had a dream where I was sitting in my backyard on my parkbench, and a man was sitting next to me - I didn't know who he was -and between us was the most incredibly huge tomato plant. The tomatoeson it were the size of dinner plates, and extremely deep red. In fact,that was the most prominent thing in the dream. Upon waking I hadabsolutely no idea what the plant represented, so I checked with thedream dictionary, and it said

"To see tomatoes in your dream, symbolizes domestic happiness and harmony."

I had felt a lot of love inthat dream, so thisexplanation sort of gave me a hint as tothe meaning of the tomato plant. Then one day I was searching onlineand ran across another dream interpretation site, and it stated thesame meaning for tomato plants as this one, but it went a bit furtherand said that tomatoes growing on the plant in a dream, especially ifthey were ripe,signified a great love in one'slife. So in this case, reading about the symbolismof an object in a dream did help.

Many times too, the people we see in our dreams - evenpeople who we know in our waking lives - don't always represent thepeople we actually know. Instead, they represent aspects of ourselves,and what we do or don't care for that is reflected back to us. Themeanings of dreams can be quite simple, or they can be rather complex.Butit's always fun (and very often helpful to our owndevelopment) to try and figure them out. :)

The weirdest thing happened to me the other day.

I had a dream that one of my guinea pigs died :(And it reallyhurt me so the next day I booked him into the vets. It turnsout that he has aan abcsesson his bottom!If I hadnt of taken him to the vets it would of got worse.Its really hidden aswell.

It was as if the dream was telling me to take him to thevets. Its also made me realise that I need to paymore attention to my guinea pigs, as I am allergic to them so dontreally get them out much. But now I have realised I shouldget them out often as they are getting old etc, and they could dietomorow. I would so regret it if they did. I lovecuddling them now. Even though I get an asthma attackeverytime I cuddle them.

Back