Do bunnies hiccup?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
Well, do they? I can't remember if I, or someone else has asked this before, but we were just watching Snowy lying down, and she was 'jumping' like she was hiccuping? She was too far away for us to hear anything, and she was perfectly ok, and is fine now... but we've noticed the others doing this before?

Might be a silly question, just wasn't sure if it's true or not lol!

You know the other day I thought I saw Baxter! hiccuping - his little tummy jumping like mine would do if I have the hiccups; I was kinda concerned and watched him for about 10 minutes and they they stopped - and nothing since? Weird - huh?

juliew19673 wrote:
You know the other day I thought I saw Baxter! hiccuping - his little tummy jumping like mine would do if I have the hiccups

I have seen mine do that also..and have wondered about it myself...when i first seen my bunny do that i got a bit worried that something was wrong.

Cheryl

Actually, they do. This can happen mostly if they're hungry and they eat up their food very quickly. It's nothing to worry, though.

Marietta

Thanks Marietta! That would fit in with Snowy last night, with the way she eats her food- blink and you'll miss it! :shock:

Nothing to do with bunnies laughing too much then?! :roflmao:

I was out inthe barn the other night and heard a series of very quiet, but weird sounds... I walked around to the other side and Tillie was all stretched out, as comfy as you please, and she had the hiccups! So funny! Her sides were jumping and her eyes were blinking... I tried not to laugh, but it was funny. I think she inhaled her pellets too fast! I gave her a bowl of water and she drank, but it took a few minutes for the hiccups to stop....

Lol! It is cute isn't it? It seems to me too that it happens when they're lying down, looking the comfiest in the world, just with these little hiccups every few seconds! Bless them! :)

One of my shelter bunnies got the hiccups the other day. The other volunteer started freaking out thinking that Snowball was starting to have a seizure!

Latest posts

Back