Do all Pregnant Does get Grumpy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishRabbitmama

Reaction score
Do all pregnant does get grumpy? And around what day? I know they're not all the same in that but was curious. We're at day 12 and she's not grumpy but looks like she's gained weight. We feed her a 1/4 of a cup of manna pro and unlimited hay with some veg usually parsley and a few small slices of carrots. Polish doe. She's also been digging like crazy. We've let her out to run around and she is still digging when let out as well and wants attention from us. She'll place her head higher than her body saying pet me. She loves her head rubbed.

Nope. My doe never got grumpy or aggressive, in either of her false pregnancies or her real one. :)

Most of my Polish does don't really change their disposition during pregnancy, only my daughter's BEW...but she went back to her sweet self after she kindled. Our Tans sometimes change...getting a little more aggressive, but it's not permanent. You can't really predict it because each one is different.

Thanks! Bellona is very sweet and at times will run to the back of her cage but still allows pets and asks for them as well. Her digging when she's not sleeping is nearly non stop. She doesn't move her hay around yet but she is very intent on using the corners near her potty area. Hubby is going to make the nest box this week. So it will be ready 2 days before her due date on the 28th. Which is 31 days. She has been digging in her litter pan so I'm guessing she is getting ready.

My mini rex is so mean during her pregnancies ( real and phantom ) but I have one of her babies ( not a baby anymore ) that I have bred and you wouldn't even know except that she is really fat ! My lion head also had no aggression but she seem very frantic and nervous the last two weeks. I have one that eats every single thing while pregnant and another that will only eat oats and hay. It's fun to see the huge difference in their pregnancy personalities!

Back