DIY Fodder Systems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toady

Reaction score
I've discovered that my local supply of lettuce and chinese vegies has disappeared due to cancellation of the local markets, I am looking around for alternatives and my home garden isn't growing due to weather, we've had close to two foot of rain in the past 6 or so weeks! I was told about these fodder systems by a fellow Angora owner and as the only other green that I've got growing well is Chicory (supermarket vegies go icky too quickly and I waste too much) which is why I'm looking at something like this for my three.

From what I can see it's a grow your own grass from wheat, oat, barley, any other grass (or maybe even vegie) seeds and feed as needed, although I think that 1 tray (the type they use) would last my lot half a week, not a day. So will be going with smaller containers.

DIY Fodder System

Has anyone used a system like this and do you all think that if I sprouted a variety of seeds (grain as well as things like sunflower &/or grasses) and fed them along with the usual hay and pellets would it fulfil a bunny's daily greens needs?

I've currently got some black sunflower seeds soaking as a trial.

I've heard of them but unfortunately have no experience. Interesting to know peoples thoughts. Just have to keep in mind that not everything will be suitable for the rabbits.

I've discovered that my local supply of lettuce and chinese vegies has disappeared due to cancellation of the local markets, I am looking around for alternatives and my home garden isn't growing due to weather, we've had close to two foot of rain in the past 6 or so weeks! I was told about these fodder systems by a fellow Angora owner and as the only other green that I've got growing well is Chicory (supermarket vegies go icky too quickly and I waste too much) which is why I'm looking at something like this for my three.

From what I can see it's a grow your own grass from wheat, oat, barley, any other grass (or maybe even vegie) seeds and feed as needed, although I think that 1 tray (the type they use) would last my lot half a week, not a day. So will be going with smaller containers.---there has been alot of flooding and fires down your way,,there is also a disease called myxi,,--rabbits are strictly herbivores try to purchase grasses and such from a farm supply store-ie.timothy/orchard grasses..--ask your dvm of any break outs of myxi-in your area..here is a link that will help http://www.medirabbit.com --sincerely james waller

Latest posts

Back