Dissapointed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger101

Reaction score
I just got a text saying the person that was going to see Mia can no longer take her. They have a rabbit but they just found out there 4 month old is allergic and breaks out in hives :( They seemed like such a good match for Mia. Now I am back to searching for homes for all of them. I had my Aunt(by marriage) looking for homes for them and she found a home for my two black and whits buns Michigan and DJ. Some family problems are happening now and I can not get a hold of my aunt for that persons number! This is so hard!!!! I will admit I am being a little picky but I have to be because of the area I live in. If anyone knows anyone looking for a bun that lives around my area let me know,please. I don't have the time and money to keep all of them or I would,lol.

Things happen. at least you're trying to make sure they go to a good home! There may not be many, but when you find the right ones and things actually work out.. it'll be much better and less stress on you.
Good luck finding homes!

Seems like its harder and harder to find good homes anymore, all the good homes are at their full capacity. And with economy pets are beginnig to be a luxary and not getting proper care. But propere education is not being given either.

That really stinks. :( I had homes for the 4 I was selling. One went to her new home on Saturday. The guy that said he was coming to pick up 2 never showed (or e-mailed, or called!). But I did end up trading the one doe for a future baby buck from a really well-known breeder. I still have 1 for sale, and no "bites" on her yet. Keep trying...you'll find their perfect homes eventually. :)

There are people, like myself, who'd only get a rabbit from a shelter. So surrendering them to a no-kill shelter seems like a good option to me.

I do not want my bunnies in a shelter life. I have a shelter dog and I don't want my bunnies under that stress. I am trying to find them a home it was just sad that Mia couldn't go to that home because they seemed great and she would have another bunny. I will be asking more family members tonight if they know anybody and just stepping up on my part to find them a home.

Trigger101 wrote:
I do not want my bunnies in a shelter life. I have a shelter dog and I don't want my bunnies under that stress. I am trying to find them a home it was just sad that Mia couldn't go to that home because they seemed great and she would have another bunny. I will be asking more family members tonight if they know anybody and just stepping up on my part to find them a home.

You don't need to surrender them to a shelter. You will find homes for your babies. It will just take you a bit longer. It is heartbreaking when homes you think will be best for your babies falls through. But you will find homes. That you think will be best.

K:)

Too bad both of you don't live closer! I'm on the lookout for a bunny myself, you know! :coolness: No experience with rabbits, but I'm learning. Vet reference, I keep in touch, ect. :weee:

Well Mia has another home lined up,already! The person who couldn't keep her had another rabbit already and off course they couldn't keep him and her friend took their rabbit. She called me last nigh saying her friend was very much interested in her. So the friend called me last night and we talked and she seems like a good home. We have place,date time ect.. to meet up and let our rabbits meet and if everything goes well they will take Mia with them. Now to find homes for Chex,Michigan and DJ.

Back