dishwashers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imbrium

Jennifer
Reaction score
something's horribly awry with my dishwasher... I don't remember what it is, only that it's bad and that I was told it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to get it fixed.

I'm finally ready to get off my butt and get a new one, but have no clue how to pick a good dishwasher ><. I'll probably be buying it from Sears... there's lots of options in my price range, but I don't know anything about brands as far as quality and reliability go so I'm a bit lost, since there's so many similar models. I'm definitely gonna need someone to install it for me (and get rid of the old broken dishwasher), 'cause I wouldn't know the first thing about how to do that... sears is looking rather pricey when it comes to having it delivered and installed, so if anyone can suggest a better place to buy, I'm all ears.

I'd like something in the $250-300 range, maybe as high as $350. I really don't care about colors or anything - the ONLY criteria I have is that it has to get stuff clean without me having to pre-wash the dishes. I've never in my life had a dishwasher like that... both in New Orleans and in this house, the dishwashers were really old and kinda crummy and you always had to wash everything before you ran it through the dishwasher, which if you ask me defeats the point of having a dishwasher.

I think Lowes does the install - take away the old one. If there is a Lowes near you to look at.

I don't personally have a dishwasher, but jeez would I like one! lmao. If you go the Sears route(other places may carry them now) but I would go with a Kenmore, if there is one in your price range. I have a Kenmore stove that is from like 1972 and works like a charm. I also have a GE fridge from the same year and it works wonderfully. So those are two name brands that I would buy again. That probably doesn't help, but maybe it helps with brands. (I may have gotten the two best ones, other people may have different things to say about GE and Kenmore)

I would look at something like consumer reports for info on what the best dishwashers are.

You sure you couldn't install it yourself. You seem like you are pretty handy. I was able to install ours, and it wasn't too complicated. As long as all the fittings are the same that is.

well, after a LOT of reading reviews, I settled on this dishwasher (in black, 'cause stainless steel was $90 more o_O): http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...talogId=10053&productId=203487967&R=203487967

it's a little more than I was initially looking to spend, but I figure it's worth an extra $50 to get a better dishwasher since I'll have it for (hopefully) a very long time. I was rather surprised to see a lot of BAD reviews on GE dishwashers, I would've thought they'd be a good brand! Whirlpool seemed to do the best in terms of reviews, and according to Lowe's, "No one has fewer dishwasher repairs 15 years in a row"... they also seem to be the best in terms of energy efficiency. I ended up buying from Home Depot, since the garbage disposal I want is $10 more at Lowe's, both places have the same price for the dishwasher and Home Depot also has free installation/haul away.

I like that washer. The only thing I'd really consider is finding one with a stainless interior tub...they tend to last longer....

Latest posts

Back