discharge from eyes on cashmere lop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milliebun08

Reaction score
:apollo:<<<my bunny Millie...

she's been having discharge from her eyes for a couple of weeks and today i notices it was a chalky white colour, what is is??

anybody know what it is?? or how to treat it?? or what i shoud do??

I know you say its a chalky white color now, but what was it before?

This could be a sign of a dental problem, aneye infection or other health related problems.

Is this your only rabbit?

A white discharge is serious in rabbits, it's most often conjunctivitis, but check out our Library entry for all the various ailments:

Eye Problems

In particular, this is a great page with photos:

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Eye_diseases/Discharge/eye_discharge.htm

I haven't refreshed my knowledge lately by re-reading these pages, but I think your bunny will probably need prescription antibiotic eye drops, and maybe a full course of antibiotics.

There may also be another underlying cause for the infection. She definitely needs to see a vet.

Please let us know how she's doing. Pics would be great.

sas :clover:

i don't know what it was before, her fur just looked wet around her eyes and yes she is my only rabbit though i have two guinea pigs and she lives with one of them.

i know people say not to put guinea pigs and rabbits together but they have been together since babies and they get along well.

thanks for your concern. x

Just want to add my 2¢ in support of what Pipp advised! This is SERIOUS! Vet check ASAP!

milliebun08 wrote:
i don't know how to

sorry x

It's best if you add your profile, especially in situations like this, we need to know where you are generally to advise on products/vets. Go to your account/profile and update the location part of it.

:thanks: Helps us to help you.;)

thank you very much for your help i will get my mum to take her to the vet.

thank you for your help i am very greatful...

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: still shocked though. i hope she will be okay :shock:

love milliebun08 x

Latest posts

Back