Director Jenny started pulling hair tonight!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkinson Farms

Reaction score
Hello everyone, One of our does Started pulling hair today!! She is a cross and so her kits will just be pets but I have some people who want a kit from her so they all should find good homes. :) I'm excited, i always am. Anyway, Jenny is usually a sweetheart but tonight when mom when to see her she wasn't nice at all. She didn't want anyone to mess with her. I can't wait for the kits and I'll post pictures when they are born. She is bred to our cross buck. He is out of one of our friends rabbits and he is actually my moms. Both of them are but I thought I'd share the news. DiNozzo, the buck is a New Zealand/Dutch cross and so is Jenny. I know for a fact what they are because I saw their parents so please don't tell me they look like another breed because the pictures are terrible. anyway, here are some pictures Director Jenny- I know the picture is dark, sorry, but can you tell me what color you think she is.
305381_2081435005306_1528015175_31587591_674228135_n.jpg
DiNozzo - Does anyone know what color he is? when he was born he was orange and black and his brother is still orange and black. I'd like to know what color he is.
316753_1980271716287_1528015175_31520380_929597510_n.jpg

Here might be a better picture of Director Jenny, though she was sliding off my lap so she was a bit scared.

318600_2084004709547_1528015175_31588510_433863494_n.jpg

Yeah, I am surprised to see a harlequin out of a dutch, NZ cross, but with cross breeds you can come up with about anything.

Thanks Guys.
I have some sad news. Jenny kindled 6 kits last night but unfortunatly she did it while we were sleeping and didn't have them in the nest box. SHe had four that were obviously going to be black, one that looked grey, and one that was just pink. Unfortunatly none of them made it. Director Jenny was searching everywhere for her babies today. :( She had pulled plenty of hair but what it came down to was she didn't want to use the nest box.

R.I.P. Little Angels
You weren't here for long but we miss you. :(

I feel terrible. I had to wake up my mom, who has been waiting impatiently for Jenny to kindle, and tell her the kits didn't make it. It hurts watching her get depressed. :( I have no clue how to make her feel better at least to get her not depressed. Any Ideas?

So sorry to hear about the little ones, it's unfortunate :( When she was pulling her hair, was she putting it in the nest box, or was it on the cage wire? Was the nest box in her usual 'pooping' corner?

I've heard that sometimes with does that have a real problem with laying in their boxes (which probably isnt the case here, she was a first time mom, right?) then you can put multiple boxes in so that she really almost has no choice but to have them in a box, then take out the extra ones when she kindles.

Thanks. Yes it was in her normal corner and when I checked on her she was putting it in there but I guess at some point she decided she dien't want to get in the box anymore and began pulling it out on the wire. I was asleep and if I hadn't been I would have tried to help. As far as I know she was a first time mom. :(

Latest posts

Back