Dinner time!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugLady

Reaction score
Rascal has been very excited about breakfast and dinner lately. For the past month or so he has developed a new ritual where he basically runs around and binkies like a crazy bunny as soon as I say "breakfast time!" or "dinner time!"

I managed to get a video, he wasn't even as excited tonight as he usually gets, but he's still funny! (I wasn't trying to be mean by putting the dish on his head, that's just the usual spot where I put it and he wouldn't move)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/weirdbuglady/7192692046

How do your bunnies react to meal times? Do they get super excited?
Do you have any videos or stories to share?

Very cute.

I don't know if you have the time to do it, especially in the AM, but why don't you try giving the pellets & greens at least a half hour apart, starting with whichever he likes least. That way you're more sure it gets eaten & if he likes both equally, it's another chance for him to go crazy.

I get a little bunny stampede when I say breakfast or dinner time. They get so excited and sometimes they get their pellet scoop dumped on their heads because they just won't move their heads out of the dish. It all gets eaten so no harm.

Well, with pellets I don't get much of a reaction. I do when he think I am putting something better in there, like oats. He loves his oats. He will circle me and crawl all over me. He will if he can manage it pull off the lid and stick his entire head in the container or it has happened that the oats get dumped on his head. He gets just about excited for veggies. Those I usually am tripping all over him getting under foot.

He goes nuts for treats. He'll tug at the bag or even grunt at me if I am not fast enough. Which just makes me giggle. It's hard to take him serious when he grunts.

Treat time is when I get the most excitement. My buns love getting a veggie treat or their excitement is when I clean their pen lol they have to investigate everything I do.

I think Rascal is most excited by the little piece of dried apple I put on top of his pellets. When I started giving those to him regularly is when he started going crazy over mealtimes.

You should have seen the disappointment (and perhaps anger?) on his face one day when he didn't get a piece! He thoroughly searched his whole cage and pushed around his food bowls until he begrudgingly gave in and ate the rest of his dinner.

Back