Dill is sick :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
as per Pipp's thread...

Pipp is bouncing right back but Dill is sick.

Up all night giving him tummy rubs, simethicone, etc..He looks awful -- shaking, peeing on himself.

Was hoping it was a gas attack, tho not a lot of gut sounds until after I gave him a little banana and water. Thought he was getting better, but just checked, stillsick -- vet can't get himuntil4 PM, have anappointment.

Can't tell if he's pooping, definitely in pain, not eating...

ADDITIONAL:

Trying to syringe water into him is like trying to work on a corpse, he's just freezing up, goes all stiff, he even crosses his paws across his chest. He did just drink a little on his own tho.

But he's not looking good at all. I just hope he's being typical Dill, when he has had gas in the past, helooks like he's dying (cold, shaking, peeing on himself) but then snaps out of it. This does look worse tho, going on a lot longer. He was fine yesterday late afternoon, at his carrot, but then was down for the count for dinner.

I thought I was feeling a bit of a lump in his GI tract, but who knows... can't seem to feel it now. And as noted, there wereno gut sounds, now there are, but he's not acting any better.

Can tell if he's been pooping 'cause his and Sherry's are the same size. I've got him in a carrier in my room right now while I try and nap. Really hoping he'll poop in there, but I doubt it.

sas:tears2:

Well he loves his tummy massages... He got a two or three hour session last night.

He usually feels better after the massages, then gets worse again I guess as the gasses reform.

UPDATE: He's 'fluffing' away in his carrier and washing his face. Good signs! :)

sas :clover:

Oh, Sas, I hope Dill overcomes this. You've had enough worries with your buns lately, I so hope he spares you and he gets over it soon!

Let us know how he goes.

Marietta

Poor Dill! He will definitelybe in my thoughts and prayers; and Anna and Yofi will send good bunny vibes his way. Praying the vet visit goes well....:hug2:

Poor baby Dill :tears2: :pray:

I cancelled the vet's appointment, he snapped out of it (just after I missed my hair appointment).

I'm still not sure if it was his typical gas attack, just a bad one, or if it was a stasis thing as well (given the hard spot in his tummy and the initial lack of gut sounds), but by this morning it was definitely gas.

He is the scariest bunny in the world when he's like this, I swear! He lies there panting heavily, his eyes glazed over and half closed, trembling and shaking...

When you pick him up, he alternates from being a limp noodle to his corpse impression -- as described above -- he goes stiff asa board, paws crossed, he's unfocussed, doesn't react at all to the syringe in his mouth, everything just dribbles out. (This time he even let me cut his nails with a pair of scissors without moving a muscle! :shock:)

Then he just snaps out of it -- fluffs, digs, grooms, munches on hay -- like there was never a problem.

Meanwhile, I'm a total wreck,no sleep after all-night massages, stress headache...

That bunny!

sas :caffeine

Poor Sas! :pet: Get some rest.:bed:It's tough being a bunny-slave!

I'm greatly relieved that he snapped out of it. (Silly boy! Making mommy worry like that!)

Oh thank God! I've been thinking about him all evening (while cleaning horse stalls.. dealing with pukey dog and pukey hubby) ......

When I saw he was fluffing - I knew he's getting better! I bet he doesn't drink enough, Sas. I think it sounds like when he gets sick then he dehydrates REAL quick from it.

Give him a kiss for me.

It's all a trick to get attention. He was feeling slighted 'cause Pipp got a bunch of attention. You know how these little buggars think.

Glad to hear he is better.

Oh my goodness...well, I guess it's better that he be acting like typical Dill. Boys are so much more sensitive to pain, aren't they?? Lol...

Well, I'm glad he's okay...and I think SeniorCats is right...he just thought Pipp was stealin' his thunder! :D

:hugsquish:

I've never had a rabbit that had such severe strange symtoms as Dill.
Its good that you know him so well...otherwise it would truly be scary to go through an episode like that. I'm so glad that he's better:D

"That bunny" is right:shock:! Geez, what a turdbird (I'm guessing he is one now:p). Thank goodness he's better and you can sleep tonight;). Good goin, Sas!:blueribbon:

Back