digging box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty

Reaction score
alright so im off of school now (sweeeeeet!!!!)and im going to start building rusty his digging box. i started the topic a couple of months ago to see if it was a good idea and so now im going to build.

i just need some ideas on how deep i should build it and how big(length x width). i plan on using some type of dirt that will be good for building burrows and such so i pretty much know what materials ill need but i just need to know how much ;) anyways thanks for all your help.

cheers

That really depends on the size of your rabbit.

The digging trays we have for our buns, which are netherland dwarfs,are roughly four times the size of the bunny, but that's only because that's the size I bought not for any particular scientic reason. But that size seems to work well.

It needs to be shallow enough so that your bun can hop in and out,obviously, but also deep enough for a decent layer of whatever you plan to put in it. Also be aware that they will throw it all over the edge.

its going outside so i dont care if he spills.and hes mini rex so not that big. i just want to know how deep i should go for him to make a good burrow. ill probably make it 4.5 feet by 4.5feet. and the dirt will be filled to the top.

Back