digging box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theilian

Reaction score
Manny's now chewing the balcony wall withvengeance. Not only that, I'm afraid she's even eating it. It's gettingso bad that squirt gun doesn't stop her at all. She simply moves toanother spot and does the same, and on and on it goes. I cannot let herout in the balcony. :(

This leads me to thinking that I should get her digging box. How do Imake one? What kind of material should I put in the digging box? Howbig should it be?

Maybe this behavior has to do with her health. Recently she has beenill again with diarrhea. This time she was ill for several days. She'salso getting penicillin shots. After her recovery, she went right intochewing the wall.

The digging box can be made out of paper or sandin a plastic container she can get into.. kinda like a litter box onlydifferent.

It sounds like she also needs some chew toys: Untreated wood or itemsfrom pet stores are great too. Other toys are great as well.

Make sure she sees the vet if she hasn't already.

:)

I can really relate to trying to stop rabbitseating walls!! Maybe you could cover the wall with something yourrabbit can't chew, like a flat board of some kind, or ceramic tiles? Igive mine as much as possible to chew on, but theystill gofor the walls when they can. I've been told Ivory soap works wellrubbed on walls or cornersbecause they hate the taste (andit's safe for them)but I haven't tried that because I don'tknow what the UK equivalent brand is. I'm not an experienced owner butI have four rabbits who like to chew walls and they like their diggingbox but it doesn't distract them at all :X.I think they seeit as two completely different things.

Look under the Rex & Peanut thread. m.e. has a photo of one of her bunns in a digging box filled with sand.

Pam

Is any sand OK for bunny (like beach sand?)

Or is there special sand for sale?

Yes, my bunnies do very much appreciate theirsandbox. Peanut will dig vigorously in it, and I'll sometimes hide atoy or paper cup in there for them to dig out and play with. They havea blast, and it saves them from doing other destructive behaviors. Iuse child's play sand in a tupperware bin.

~M

62909823.jpg

Back