Digging and nipping at loose clothing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revonue

Reaction score
When my rabbit seems to be amenable to cuddles, I hold and pet him. Often he seems content and will click his teeth, which I read is a good sign.

However he will often start "digging" with his paws at my loose tops and gently nip at the excess parts. I'm not that concerned about the tops, but my worry is if this is aggressive behavior? Or is it normal?

That is no aggressive at all! My bunny does that and she is just the sweetest thing. Her only quirk is that she DESPISES wrinkles. When I bring her on the bed I have to make sure the sheets are pulled tight otherwise she will obsessively begin to nest and chew and just work herself up into a mess. Don't worry about it :)

Digging at clothing can also be your bun trying to get your attention. Such as your bunny is ready to be put down, is getting too hot with you holding them so wants down, or needs to pee. It can also be your bunny wants to 'groom' you in return but your clothes are in the way. With rabbits, it's a guessing game and you just have to try different things until you hit on what your bun is trying to communicate.

Latest posts

Back