Digestive fortifier

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeroshero

Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to get some opinions before I try feeding this product to Zero. It is called Forco, it is absolutely amazing for my horse and even my dogs. I had considered giving to Zero but hesitate with all the issues he has had with his digestion. After more consideration and the gal who sells it suggesting that I feed it to him too I have really looked at it. This product is formulated for hind gut fermenters it seems to make sense to me that it would be more effective than Benebac which is formulated for dogs, cats, and small animals. I have included a photo of the ingredients as I can't seem to find the label on their website. I wanted to run it by you guys/gals before I tried it please let me know what you think.

image.jpg

I would think that if the probiotics are the only ingredients, then it shouldn't be any different from giving benebac, minus the added sugar. Not sure about the yeast culture though. But you may want to double check the whole label to make sure there isn't a list of 'other' ingredients. It might be good to start off slowly too, with a tiny pinch, just to make sure it doesn't cause any problems. If you can give it when he isn't having any of his meds or CC, it will give you a better indication of whether or not it is the cause of any issues, if some digestive upset were to happen.

Last edited:
Probably good, especially if it is made for horses. It is possible there are carbs in the fermentation extracts, like how there are carbs in beer--not all of the carbs fed to the yeast get used up, and there can be a lot left behind after fermentation. I would take it slowly like Jbun said but this may be a good alternative. Some of the strains I have not heard of being used for rabbits before, so you don't want to launch into that too quickly.

I sent the label to Dr K yesterday, I will let you guys know what he thinks. It is very affordable :)
Thank you for your feedback

Latest posts

Back