difficult time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissa

Reaction score
I'm having a very difficult time accepting thatboth Pristine and Iszy are going to be cage bound for the next 7 monthsuntil I have this baby. I broke down on Saturday and havebeen upset about it ever since. The cages we have are quitelarge, but it's nothing compared to the free roam they oncehad. Pristine is next to get a cage. This ishard. I feel terrible. :( But what am Isupposed to do? I can't stand cleaning up their pee and poopon a daily basis anymore. And Iszy is peeing on thecarpet. I just don't have the patience I hadbefore. Any other pregnant women have to confine theirrabbits during pregnancy?

Jason works 8 am to midnight 5 nights a week sohe doesn't have time. I will be letting them each out to rundaily. They just won't have 24/7 run like before. :(

When are you due? Are you still inyour first trimester? Not sure if you remember but during thefirst few months of my pregnancy, I wondered about keeping Miffy causeof all the cleaning and everything else required. I was notsure I would be able to handle 3 kids, a rabbit, cat and adog. But now it is no problem for me. It soundslike you are having some upset tummy or morning sickness?Don't beat up on yourself too much, it will pass. It will getbetter, maybe not as soon as you want but it will. Talk toyour husband or is there a neighbor kid that you could pay $5 or so toclean the cages every other day or so? Heck, I had such asensitivity to smells during my first trimester, to clean my then 2 1/2year old's dirty diapers, I used a clothes pin and a small amount ofcloth! And it worked.

It will get better, dion't worry too much.

OH MY GOSH!! YOU'RE PREGNANT?? I didn't know that!

CONGRATULATIONS! :bunnydance:

I am sorry I don't have any advice for you (I just barely gotengaged!and we are a LONG TIME off from kids!heheee...) but honestly I think if you are able to provide your bunnieswith 1-3 hours of free play,nutritious meals,shelteretcthey will still love you...

((HUGS))

Don't worry about, I know that they will befine. They are probably two of the luckiest bunnies in the worldbecause they live with you. I believe that animals understand more thanwe give them credit for. I wouldn't be surprised if they understood whythey need to stay in the cage.

Have you tried the eating Lifesavers orchewing gum idea I gave you in your post about beingpregnant? It really helps with morning sickness that'sassociated to smell. I had really bad morning sickness when Iwas pregnant with my daughter, and read something about the fact thatwhen you eat the various flavors of Lifesavers candies, or chew mintygum (whichever works best for you), all you can smell is whichever youare eating.

It REALLY helps...give it a shot...it may solve a lot of problems foryou! I would get sick everytime I smelled just aboutanything, especially food...and it totally solved it. I hadthe morning sickness during the whole pregnancy, too.

It's also nice that they're so inexpensive...:)

Lissa wrote:
I hope it gets better.

bunnyslave, thanks for the congrats! Imade a post in off topic a while back, but you haven't been on theforum for awhile. See what happens when you leave!!:tongue;)

maherwoman, it's not morning sickness that's bothering me.Its my energy level and my patience. I have a low tolerancefor everything at this point. :?

Ah...I see. Thanks for letting meknow...:) I had that, too. Argh...isn't itfrustrating? Thankfully, it won't last past yourfirst trimester. It's just your body creating your internalsafe haven for your babe. :) The second trimester,you should notice that you'll start perking right up! :)

Lissa wrote:
bunnyslave, thanks for thecongrats! I made a post in off topic a while back, but youhaven't been on the forum for awhile. See what happens whenyou leave!! :tongue;)

maherwoman, it's not morning sickness that's bothering me.Its my energy level and my patience. I have a low tolerancefor everything at this point. :?

Pregnancy hormones are no joke.Sometimes I feel like I'm having an identity crisis. It'sterrible. :(

Yep...I remember. :( Ifeel for ya, Hun!! The only thing I actually liked aboutbeing pregnant (besides having a babe on the way) was the fact that myhair got thicker and my nails stronger and my chest gotbigger. The hair and nails actually continued thesame after I had her (and even now that she's six, still the same), butunfortunately my chest went back down. Lol...

Anyway, I know what you mean. I TOTALLY feel for ya...it'shard being pregnant. From the body aches and pains, to thehormones making you feel like you're insane. Let me know if you everwanna talk about it. :)

Hey...at least you get a GREAT little person out of it!! :D

Lissa wrote:
Pregnancy hormones are nojoke. Sometimes I feel like I'm having an identitycrisis. It's terrible. :(

Lissa...congratulations!!!:hug:Oh, just waittill your little one is born...you will be experiencing love on anentirely new level...:)

About the bunnies and their messing...can you confine them to aspecific room to romp in, and perhaps cover the floor with a paintcloth or something to protect it? And maybe ask Jason to take care ofshaking it out/cleaning it up when he comes home? Or perhaps can youhave him construct some sort of run for the bunnies to play in thatwill confine their messes to the one area? I'm sure there must be asolution for this (and I know what you mean about not having thepatience...pregnancy can do that very quickly...).

I'm still convinced that theyactually like 'living' in the smaller spaces. Mine do.

Pipp is now confined to the bedroom now that Dill has the run of theliving room. She's never even looked like she's wanted to goback out there. Even though she hears the other bunnies, sheseems totally disinterested. She likes having HERspace. If I do let herout, she gets anxious, andruns around marking territory. She's far happierstaying in herroom.

Same with Dill. He's the energizer bunny -- he just neverstops racing around the house. Butwhen it's hisquiet time, he's happier in a cage. When he's not in the cageand its his quiet time,he sits up on the couch and neverseems as relaxed -- he has to see everything that's going on.When he's in his cage, after the intial nose-through-the-barsandchecking for cagebreaches,herelaxes. He's a bit conflicted-- hereally hates missing anything --but when hewants to rest, his cage is hissafezone.

I try to getSherry the fosterbun togo back into herbacktub, and she'llverywillingly jump ontothemovable shelf I've got across it to help her get inandout, but she'll stay on that shelfandwatch. When I urge her to get into the tub and Itake the shelf away,she'll stretch up to where theshelf was, but I realized she's not trying to get back out, she'smaking sure its been removed so nobody can get into herspace. Then she immediately relaxes. :)

Trust me, it's harder on us than it is on them!

sas :), pipp :bunnydance:and the gang :brownbunny:toastingbuns:bunny24

Lissa..What about the dog fences (like we hadPrincess in at the shelter)..Would that be bigger than a cage? Wouldyou be able to take care of areas like that ? I didn't know that youfelt as sick as you do :(

Lissa wrote:
I'm having a very difficult time accepting that both Pristineand Iszy are going to be cage bound for the next 7 months until I havethis baby.
First, I want to commend you on keeping them and taking care of them. Iknow you would never get rid of them but, when I was in contact withthe house of rabbits trying to adopt that was one of the questions theyasked ( if i was or intended to get pregnant) that is one of thereasons most people rehome. Don't beat up on yourself so much you arekeeping them and giving them large cages.

And Iszy is peeing on the carpet
Is it possible to have their free time be in the kitchen or anywherethere is not carpet? Maybe when you are eating dinner, and sit on thekitchen floor after dinner for a bit. Then use a wet swiffer..theyalready have the soap in them ready to go.(just make sure it driesbefore they go on the floor again - the baby too when it comes)
My sisters cats started the same thing during her pregnancy and sincethe birth of the baby have stopped. I wonder if they sense hormonesjust as they are perceptive to our mood or are marking their territory.I know when I am having bad pain days and am not too functional myrabbit acts out more and therefore ends up back in her cage.
Someone mentioned a neighbor cleaning up. Does anyone else who livesclose by want to come play with them when you aren't feeling well?Sounds corney but my sister used to come over after work when I wasbedbound and take my dog out and throw the ball for a bit. Just athought.
Good luck. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Lissa- when I first hurt my back I could notclean spots on the carpet. My dog leaks or did at the time. It iscalled the spot bot, You just fill it with cleaner and water put it onthe spot and walk away. It scrubs etc does it all for you and workswonders. Just a thought.

angieluv wrote:
Lissa..What about the dog fences (like we had Princess in atthe shelter)..Would that be bigger than a cage? Would you be able totake care of areas like that ? I didn't know that you felt as sick asyou do :(
That wouldn't work because I would still have to clean up pee on a daily basis. I'm trying to get away from that.

Is it possible to have their free time bein the kitchen or anywhere there is not carpet? Maybe when you areeating dinner, and sit on the kitchen floor after dinner for a bit.Then use a wet swiffer..they already have the soap in them ready togo.(just make sure it dries before they go on the floor again -
This is what I'll most likely end up doing. I have boughtthem both rather large cages and I will still let them both out everyday for exercise in the kitchen. They just won't be out asmuch.

Back