Diet question!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could start changing the alfalfa pellets to young adult pellets, these contain less alfalfa in them. I still give my bunnies a handful each of pellets in the morning as part of their diet (I give them Excel for young adult rabbits) and they just love them. If we don't give them pellets every day they get sulky.

You could start changing the alfalfa pellets to young adult pellets, these contain less alfalfa in them. I still give my bunnies a handful each of pellets in the morning as part of their diet (I give them Excel for young adult rabbits) and they just love them. If we don't give them pellets every day they get sulky.

ok. i currently feed her the oxbow pellets for "young rabbits" is that okay too? also, is it time to switch from alfalfa hay to timothy hay?

i've never had a baby bun before.

Veggies can be started any age :) just do it gradually

Slowly switch her from the young rabbit to adult closer to 6months. Same with the alfalfa to timothy hay. But not both at the same time.

Is it ok if I switch her to Timothy Hay soon? Like within the next few days? What do you mean not at the same time? No alfalfa pellets + tim hay at the same time or no alfalfa and timothy hay at the same time?

You could go ahead and start switching her hay now by mixing in a little timothy or other grass hay in with the alfalfa hay and just slowly increase the timothy while decreasing the alfalfa. When she gets closer to 6 months you could start switching her pellets over.

Back