Did you/have you a messy bedroom, as a teenager?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, are you a teenager with a messy or clean room? If your an adult, did you have a messy room as a teen, and has it improved now your older?

Shuffles up to microphone, thumps it twice to make sure it's working, then blushes and stammers a reply...

"Ummm....hi....my name is Di, and I'm a messoholic."

My room, when I was a teen, was so messy that I swear, even the dog was so embarrassed that he wanted to clean it up. I had things shoved under the bed, thrown on top of it, dresser piled to the rafters with both clean and dirty laundry. My version of cleaning my room meant picking up everything in one fell swoop and stuffing it all into my already filled closet...then throwing my weight against the door in an attempt to get it to shut. Has it improved? I do have to say yes. And no. It depends. I do go through periods where I suddenly get this urge to clean up everything, and then go through periods where everything just gets piled in a room. Or dishes get left undone. Laundry sits in baskets on the floor. Not sure why I'm like that; and oddly, my astrological sign is Virgo, the one that is notorious for producing 'neat freaks' and ultra-fastidious persons. Maybe it just had to do with psychological stuff I went through as a kid, and I never outgrew it. I dunno. But I do know that when I was married (oh, a century or two ago), I wasn't messy at all. We both pitched in and did equal amounts of housework, and I never had that 'messy' side of me emerging.

I do have to laugh though, because my dad used to say to me, when I was a teen, "I'd hate to see your house when you grow up...it'll probaby look like the inside of a barn". Well, one day when I came home from work I went to the rabbits' room and opened the door, and either Yofi or Anna had had a hayday (literally), and hay was spread from one end of the carpet to the other. And all I could hear was my dad's words echoing in my head.

Dang...he was right...;)

well, as a teen at my parents house my room was ALWAYS messy. cloths and books simply littered the floor, along with many different art projects.

let me just say that i LOVE cloths, all cloths, i buy from thrift stores, and get hand me downs from my 2 older sisters. i have gotten better, but i use to own like 50 pairs of jeans easy. so i always had piles of dirty cloths, and clean cloths, and cloths i needed to alter, and 1/2 made cloths (i also made my cloths, or took stuff i got and altered it here and there to make it something else). it got REALLY bad right after high school, i worked at JC Pennys on their pricing team (i marked down clearance items) so i was always bringing home big shopping bags of cloths from there that i got super cheap.

i am much better now, although i still have way to many cloths. when i started having massive anxiety issues i had to keep the house clean, it was just how things worked. messy house= higher anxiety level. now the house is kept clean, but cluttered. you can tell it is a girl's apartment when you walk into our house. throw blankets everywere, books piled on shevles, stacked on the floor. shoes of different styles (from skater shoes to high heels) piled by the door. loads of bags here and coats there (i am addicted to different coats). the bathroom has so much girly stuff in there it makes me sick. hair products, makeup,different kinds of shampoo, body washes, ect.my room is normally kept clean, it gets bad when i am working a lot. honestly my house is messier when my roommate is home a lot (she normally spends a great portion of her time at her boyfriends house). when it is just me it stays rather clean.

a lot of it has to do with my job. i work 10 hour shifts and it is all labor intensive on your feet work that also uses your mind the entire time. so when i get home i normally don't have the energy to get anything done around the house.

and i simply own way to much stuff lol

*Raises hand*
I was also a very messy teen. (As in, visitors couldn't identify carpet existence or color messy. That is, if I could open the door wide enough to have visitors... )

Not that I'm very much older than one now (21), but my room is consistently clean nowadays (I'm with you, katt; mess = anxiety, clean = relief ). I guess I just grew out of it.

The only problem that I have now is that I'm always forgetting about the laundry, haha! :p I forget about it so often, that my entire wardrobe ends up in the laundry hamper before I do any washing at all...
...then the cycle begins again! :rofl:

I had THE WORST messy bedroom as a teenager.

The floor wasn't visable from when I was 12 up to when I was 16.

There was litteraly 12 or so inches of "stuff" covering the entire floor. Paper, books, clothes, old toys from my childhood - you name it, it was there.

One day the mess reached critical mass point and started pouring out into the hallway, and I began not knowning where my bed was. So my boyfriend at the time came over and helped me clean it up. I have been tidy ever since I am glad to say!

I'm still considered a teen (i'm eight-TEEN haha)

and I live with my boyfriend. We aren't dirty, just we aren't very organized. lol. Our room is messy by the fact we just leave our clothes everywhere. lol

I do go thru and organized but not even a day later, everything is back to its organized mess. :) ha

I'm sure i'll grow out of it sooner or later. I grew up in a military family (i mean old school military) and so the whole house were i grew up was always neat, i was just messy in my room.

I have a pretty messy room. I like to keep lots of papers even if they're not very important, so most of my shelves are full of papers, folders, pictures, etc. lol. But I'm not a hoarder lol... I do get rid of lots of papers everytime I sift through them! And I only have like 2 shelves that are full, and then 2 small dresser drawers which I should go through and get rid of everything in there - mainly it's math work from the previous years that I could use to help me.

I do like to be organized, but sometimes I just get lazy and don't put things where they go.. lol. I know where everything in my room is and that's the way I like it... Okay, maybe I don't know where some things are, but most. ;)

I actually need to clean my room, though..haha. :p

Emily

Im the anal neat freak, my sisters are a disaster! their rooms constantly look like a tornado tore through them, its ridiculous. Im afraid to open their doors anymore

Latest posts

Back