Did you go to PaSRBA show in Lebanon? Did you stay at the Quality?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Turtle

Reaction score
If you went to the PaSRBA show last weekend in Lebanon, PA and stayed at the Quality Inn downtown, and you had a crappy experience, here's how to let Choice Hotels know, since it became apparent that the staff at the hotel didn't give a s***.

Click here:

https://secure.choicehotels.com/ire...PAUS&property.address.country=US&retrieve=yes

Tell them your tale of woe. And for you PaSRBA members, tell your show secretary to (a) do NOT designate this as the "official" hotel next year and tell them to (b) specifically tell the hotel they are NOT going to be seeing most of us next year.

Why? No heat for literally dozens of rooms most of the weekend. No hot water after late night Friday. Our room actually was missing its shower curtain! No housekeeping (which to some extent I can understand given the weather, but if we could make it to a show, staff could make it to our room at least once, right?). Long, LONG waits for food in the restaurant.

Now, normally I wouldn't get all worked up, but friends of ours stayed at other area hotels, paid about the same rates as the "special event" rate at this place, and their experiences were much better. I understand that PaSRBA likes this venue because it has space to hold the youth dance Saturday night, but if it's that big a deal, then PaSRBA ought to crack the whip over these clowns and tell them to shape up. This is far from the first time this sort of stuff has happened during the Lebanon show, and the place gets generally bad reviews from normal citizens.

We shouldn't have to stay in a hellhole just because we're wabbit people.

OK, I'm done flamin' now.

We had heat but no hot water, took a very cold shower friday night. Also our sliding glass patio door came right off the hinges when one of my room mates opened it to stick his head out for a smoke. I spent the night worrying that the wind was going to blow it off its tracks back into the room. Didn't stay there last year but my friend did and there was no hot water last year either, they got a refund on a night I believe. I'll have to ask her if she complained this time and what happened, I left on saturday. I did talk to other folks who stayed at other hotels and they did just fine, some even paid less. Talk about adding insult to injury.

We were lucky this year and had heat and hot water at the "Quality" (LOL) Inn. Last year, the show put the judges up at the Quality and had the same problems. We had no heat and had to go buy a space heater for our room since there were no more available rooms.

PaSRBA is livid. They were assured by Quality that last year's issues had been rectified. The close proximity of the hotel to the showroom as well as the facilities to hold the banquet and youth dance make this a premium spot to stay. However, the hotel falls very short of any quality control.

Russell, PaSRBA treasurer, had no hot water and no where to shower/change before the PaSRBA banquet (the hotel gave his room to someone else). So, PaSRBA is fully aware of the situation and encouraging people to contact Quality with their complaints. I would recommend that individuals with problems find the contact info for corporate headquarters. The situation at the hotel was inexcusable.

I have heard nightmares about that place...

We stayed at Hampton Inn again & LOVED it... I think it is $99 a night... but so worth it to have a clean room, heat & Hot water... they also give you a great breakfast & fresh warm cookies when you come back after the show... they even made us dinner on Sat night! I will be back there again!

We stayed at the Quality Inn at the Lantern Lodge and it was beautiful! Our room was big and spacious with a nice dining room table where the kids could spread out on their laptops. French doors opened to a very nice patio. We had huge queen beds with down comforters and 4 pillows across the head of each bed, with more in the closet if needed.

Saturday morning there were maintanence men walking all around the parking lot to shovel outcars as needed. Another truck with a plow was there as well to help get people out as needed.

It was a beautiful hotel and a wonderful experience and I will definately go back next year.

smay wrote:
We stayed at the Quality Inn at the Lantern Lodge and it was beautiful! Our room was big and spacious with a nice dining room table where the kids could spread out on their laptops. French doors opened to a very nice patio. We had huge queen beds with down comforters and 4 pillows across the head of each bed, with more in the closet if needed.

Last fall we had a HORRIBLE stay at this hotel! Wade fell down the outdoor steps because of the rain and no/non-skid on the steps. Our room was so small you couldn't shut the door to the bathroom becuase you didn't fit, you couldnt' use any of the outlets and it smelled like moth balls!

We also tried their restaurant and waited over 45 minutes for our meal! I will never go back to this hotel- though the courtyard was beautiful! LOL!

Thanks for everybody's replies on this. And Pam, thanks for letting me know that PaSRBA is on this. Seriously, there are other nice places around the area and I just can't see that Quality has any excuse at this location. Corporate at Choice Hotels knows about this (at least from me) and if they can't get the franchisee to get it together, the heck with 'em.

Latest posts

Back