Did my bun have gas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAXX55

Reaction score
My bun was out and about eating, drinking, running up and down the hall, binking, she even did a few flops when suddenly she ran into her cage shaking so bad. I was puzzled and scared. I went by her cage and from the outside reached in to gently pet her. She'd get up and move away to the other side. I wanted to be by her so bad I went to the other side to pet her and she moved again. I could see she DID NOT want to be bothered. This went on for 20 mins. She even came out of her cage at one point and cameby me for a split second, licked my hand and ran right back in her cage, still shaking..... I guess she wanted me to know she still loves:big kiss: me and thanks for trying to help.

I waited a few minutes and checked thissite. I looked at the listing of ailments. I suspected gas. It fit her actions. She was laying sort of on her side. This all happened about 10:30 p.m. It took about 1 1/2 hrs. before bun calmed down. Where do you turn when its that late......She then came out of her cage and started grooming like nothing happened. Iwasable to pet her from that time on.The only thing outside of her normal eating was one small piece of celery leave. I mean it wasn't more then 1 teaspoon. Could this have caused the gas?

It could have been gas and you could have given a dose of simethicone to her ..so always keep infant gas drops ( simethicone) in the home so you have it available at all hours....

Latest posts

Back