Diarrhea in my Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good. She doesn't have to like it, just needs to drink it. Just make sure you squirt it in slowly and give her enought time to swallow. What about green leafy veggies, or even a baby carrot, or small piece of a regular carrot?

Ok, well just keep trying to get her to take the electrolytes and eat pellets. If you can pick up some green leaf lettuce, parsley or cilantro, that would be good too.

Tell your mom to call the vet and see what they say needs to be done for a bunny with the runs that isn't eating or drinking. The phone call is free and the advice is coming from an expert, so it's harder to dismiss.

Just give her some of the electrolytes every few hours. Cabbage can sometimes upset their stomach. Can you go to the grocery store and get some green leaf lettuce? Is she still eating any pellets? If she's hardly eating any, can you soak some, then spoon feed them to her? After giving her some of the electrolytes, does she seem more alert at all, or is she still pretty lethargic?

@JBun: Thank you so much for the good advice! The second batch of electrolyte mix she loved! I think she just needed time to adjust to the new water. She just drank 3 syringes full of it at one time and is getting more active! She still isn't eating though. What do I do about that?

I ran to the store and got some lettuce for her cuz my parents won't go get her some. She was lying down a lot, but now she occasionally hops around, but i still need to syringe feed her like when she was a baby.

Did you get green leaf lettuce? You don't want to give her iceburg lettuce. Try and give her a little of the lettuce if it's green leaf, and see if she'll eat it. Take all the colored pieces out of her pellet mix(not good for rabbits) and soak the green pellets in some warm water. If you have a big enough syringe, you can try syringe feeding the pellet mash to her. Make sure it's not to thick. If you don't have a big syringe with a large tip, then the pellets will just clog it. You could try spoon feeding it to her instead if the syringe doesn't work.

It's on the bunny veggie list, so you could see if she'll eat some. Is the lettuce you got not the right kind?

Iceburg lettuce is the light colored lettuce that is a round head of lettuce, and looks a bit like a head of cabbage. Green leaf is dark green and leafy at the ends but it is lighter colored towards the stem of the lettuce

We have this light green vegetable that looks like parsley, but bigger. Much bigger. We also have celery, big carrots, broccoli, iceburg lettuce, bok choy, green onion, and grapes...

Latest posts

Back