Diarrhea in my Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really glad to hear she's doing ok to day. And that's really good that she is at least eating a little. Has she pooped at all since last night and is it still runny?

I think I see a few pellets, but she is eating so slowly and drinking a lot (I see her doing it and she is peeing a LOT). I don't know if she poop is still runny, but at least when I gave her a butt bath, yellowish-brownish-orangish stuff didn't come out and she didn't have runny poop this morning so...

She seems to forget what she is doing. She still isn't eating hay unless I manage to stuff it in her mouth and get her to chew and swallow, but she keeps eating pellets. The pellets, she will chew and not swallow and I have to come over and very so softly tap her on the head or she will stare into space and forget to chew and swallow.

Well, at least she's eating. It's not good when they won't eat anymore. Just keep helping encourage her to eat hay. If you have green leafy veggies like green leaf lettuce, cilantro, or parsley, you could try feeding her a little of that. Hopefully she'll start feeling better soon. If she's drinking ok on her own then you don't need to help get her to drink water anymore. And as long as she's not having diarrhea, just give her plain water(not the electrolyte water that I suggested earlier). You're doing great. Having a sick bunny can be really hard to deal with, so just keep doing your best and give her lots of love.

Did you try making the electrolyte mix and giving her some? She doesn't sound good. She may need some electrolytes. Here's the recipe again, 1 cup warm water, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon baking soda. Mix it up and make sure it's all dissolved into the water, then put it in her dish. She sounds a little lethargic, sleepy not energetic at all. Is she laying down a lot, more than she usually would?

No, she just doesn't move. She was laying down yesterday because she was trying to get her stomach to touch the ground, but otherwise, she is just laying there like she was asleep.

Yeah, try and get her to drink some of it. If it seems like she's cold, maybe warm it up a little if it's cold. Test it on the back of your hand to make sure it's only lukewarm and not too hot. If she does seem cold, maybe get some warm towels or a hot water bottle and set it near her.

She's probably not eating hay and only the pellets cause she's getting weak and the pellets are easier to eat.

You need to mix up that electrolyte mix then. If anything will be able to help her then that will. Also if you have any leafy green veggies, then see if she'll eat some of those. But make the electrolyte mix right away and get her to drink some. Do you? have any bananas? See if she'll eat a little piece of one.

Make sure you change out the water in the warm water bottle, as it starts to get cold, or the water, as it gets cold will actually start to make her cold.

Latest posts

Back