Diarrhea and Washing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gussy

Reaction score
Can you wash a bunny...at least just thefeet? One of my bunnie started having Diarrhea and the otherone just stepped all over it. It's now dry, but her whitefeet are stained. I'm sure the other one has it too, but thedark fur hides it. Can I wash their feet?

Also, when should I start worrying about diarrhea? I suspectthat this happen because the chocolate colored one is such a greedyeater and after eating a small piece of apple, pear, and raisin...had avery watery diarrhea. It's happened twice and now the poopare solid but very mushy. I've cut down on everything but thehay and pellets. Is there anything that I should do at thispoint?

[url]http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/buttbath.html[/url]
heres a site a thing bout bathing i got out of the forum...

about the diarrhea, are you feeding something to your rabbit that hedoesnt usually eat. how old is he? how long has this been going on...is he eating, drinking, lethargic? take all those factors into account.if this has been going on for a while, has lost his appetite or is notdrinking take him to a rabbit-savvy vet.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11935&forum_id=10

heres a thing on diarrhea...

He's not lethargic a all! In fact, he eats like a...a pig!

Born early January 2007.

I think the problem was we gave him treats. Slice of bananaon day one, a small slice of pear and mango on day two, and a verysmall slice of mandarin orange on day three. It seems to havestopped...unless I suspected the wrong bunny of diarrhea.

Wow, yeah that's aton of fruit, especially for a baby. Their stomachs are more sensitive.

You can wipe the paws with baby wipes, or rub cornstarch in and brushit out. Although if the fur is juststained and notreally dirty any more, you might not be able to do much except wait forit to grow out. Which won't take too long, anyway.

I give bunnys a butt bath,i put some warm soapywater in the bathroom sink and wash there bum.babies that i age i donot feed greens or fruit.diahrrea can kill a baby rabbit.bluebird

I just got an email from the breeder:

Hi
I just realized I sold you the "wrong" chocolate buck..........theone you have has some issues as a baby-i would like to replace him witha similar aged choc jr buck-I will be in the city on Saturdayevening....will that be ok? I just want you to be happy withthem.
c:)

The bunny seems to be doing fine except for some soft poop every nowand then. He also eats non-stop. Should I acceptthe offer to swap?

Okay, I got an update from the breeder and this is what she said:

He had a digesitive issue (entritis) which can resurface later

She wanted to have him replaced with an identical one. Shesaid that it was accidentally sold to me as her helper move somebunnies around and got suspecious after I mentioned the diarrheaissue. Should I accept the swap for an identicalone? I mean will this really cause me problems down the road.

if youre really attached to this rabbit and arewilling to take the problems that may arise later then you should keephim. personally i wouldnt be able to do that to a pet, i get way tooattached and feel guilty for changing their home more than once andstressing them. but its your decision. whatever you think is bestshould be done.

Sorry forgot to update this thread. Wedecided to keep him, within a week of our getting him he has becomevery friendly is my favorite!

Latest posts

Back