Dewlaps

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmaben

Reaction score
So are my husband and I the only people here you think Dewlaps are kind of.....a turn off?
My husband is literally grossed out by them. I dont find them so cute either.

No kaley you are not alone!

At first I thought I was the only rabbit person who thought them a bit. ...creepy...then holyhandgrenade (Missy) inspired me to admit my dislike:) :) :)

I'm not a fan. I can't even say why. It's kind of the same feeling I have about REW buns. No words, just........shudders.......

Still no hate though....just not a trait I like :)

I like them as long as it is now WAY oversized (like 1/2 the size of the bunny). Most girl rabbits have them so it is something you get used to if you are around rabbits a lot. They do not affect me at all.

I'm not a fan of them... my girls don't have them, though... if they get them later, I might have to change my mind 'cause I love those two cuties :p

Candy Cane has one but it's small... I don't mind them. Most girl buns when they get older get them. I don't find any bunny a "turnoff". I think they're all cute.

Fraggles feelings are hurt. We think she is beautiful dewlap and all.....

14476_121910_110000004.jpg

But if you don't love her well then......:sad:

Muppet has such a grump face! Haha. I'm undecided about dewlaps. Foo's didn't start to really come in until she was a little over a year. So now its her built in pillow, but you can only really see it when she's laying down. I guess for me it depends on the breed.

I don't mind small dewlaps, but not a fan of large ones. Our Californians had pretty big ones (IMO). When the weather got cold one of our doe's dewlaps got a little gray. Did you know that the purpose of a dewlap is to provide extra fur for the doe to pull when making a nest? I didn't realize that.

Muppet, I think you're cute. I like REWs...I've had a few myself. ;)

Me and the wife dislike them, but the more I deal with rabbits the more its growing on me. As long as its on a doe, I may like it cause its a clear difference between genders but I know I'd dislike it on a buck.

to be fair, last I checked Reuben doesn't really like anyone... except perhaps if they have food, and then only until it's gone.

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Muppet will leave to.....Her little blind face does not want to offend anyone.

14476_270106_280000003.jpg
if muppet is going away, tell her to come to my house! every time I look at her little grump face, I just want to huggle her and smother her with kisses.

Lol Reuben is just silly. Even though Fraggles isn't *the nicest* bunbun, she reminds me so much of my Candy Cane. And don't even get me started on Muppet... She's just too sweet for words:inlove:

Back