Dewlap?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosieleon

Reaction score
Poppet who is 6 months old and who is going to be spayed tomorrow morning has developed a double chin today...

I have no idea what this is and can only find information on dewlaps. Seriously, this could not be that in the space of 12 hours could it?

Any heads up would be interesting to hear.

Christina

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
it just happened today? Thats a little strange. Fraggles dewlap developed slowly. It started as a fluffy spot under her chin and grew in over a few months.

Literally she did not have it this morning I was away for the day (mum was with her) when I came home about 5 hours later we both mentioned she looked like she had a double chin.

I will say tomorrow at the vet but she has not had anything like it up until today.

Thanks for replying.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
Since you're gonna see a vet, I'd bring up that question.

Thanks Nancy, Never heard of it till today so trying to do a wee bit of research before I go tomorrow. Think I have enough to understand what they are saying but it would be interesting to see if anyone has noticed it appearing suddenly.

Thank you so much Nancy, You always are replying to my questions.

The vet checked for any lumps and found nothing so thinks it's just the dewlap but is miffed to how it turned up so suddenly.

Just waiting on the phone call to say how the surgery went....I feel so sick!

Rosie, Poppet is adorable :inlove::big kiss::heartbeat:.

Sending prayers :pray::pray::pray:for Poppet, that the surgery went well.

Can you post a picture of her "Double Chin"? It would be interesting to see. (once she feels better of course)

Susan:)

Not the best photo, but you can see the outline. When she is eating it just moves up and down like its a ring of fat...

photo3.jpg

Will try and get a much better photo when I get her back...the vet is engaged. So just about to find out how she is!

The same thing happened to me! One morning I woke up and had a double chin:p not sure how that happened:wink. Just kidding, I bet her dewlap was just waiting for the right moment to make it's appearance!

jujub793 wrote:
The same thing happened to me! One morning I woke up and had a double chin:p not sure how that happened:wink. Just kidding, I bet her dewlap was just waiting for the right moment to make it's appearance!

As he vet so aptly said "It's like growing breasts overnight"

Sometimes the hormones hit hard and fast. As long as there are no lumps then it must be the dewlap *shrugs*

I hope you hear soon how she is doing. Positive vibes and nose bonks going her way. :hug:

bunnychild wrote:
how old is she? Such a cutie pie

She has just turned 6 months. I think she is beautiful.

The dewlap seems to be only on one side of her neck today. Hopefully it will go down, If not I will take her next week and the vet can double it up with checking she is healing well. The vet said there were no lumps or discomfort so it was probably a dewlap.

x

What a sweetheart! She is absolutely adorable :) Glad that her surgery went well.

It would certainly be interesting if her dewlap appeared overnight! I'd definitely have it re-checked when she goes back in though, just to be on the safe side :)

Update -

Saw the vet today and there are no lumps or bumps. I did mention however that she has been scratching her right ear and it is a bit waxy.

He gave me drops for the ears and because she is so fluffy she might be fluffing up under her chin when she is scratching so much.

Back