Dew Lap Question!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petkeeper

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Tiny is my first female rabbit, so I have never had the dewlap issue before. I have noticed though that somedays her dew lap flap looks huge and others it looks really small. Is this just my imagination? I am not talking when she is laying down either because I know they squish their dew lap flap under them, but when she is just standing there being her cute self?

Thanks for your imput!

ummm... that is really weird, could just be how she's holding her head sometimes, or how high she's sitting. My Jezz has a massive dewlap, but that's cause she's a little chunky (hopefully will go down with her weight) but sometimes hers looks like it's smaller or bigger on different days too.

She just turned a year old on July 18, 2010 and she is getting spayed on July 29, 2010. I read it was better to wait for the bigger breeds. I just found it odd, but maybe it is the way she is holding her head or something that makes it look smaller. I was wondering if they get bigger with hormores? Like maybe she can smell embry sometimes or something!!

I don't think this could be a hormone thing since the dewlap is really just a flap of skin. The purpose of the dewlap is to simply provide another area to pull fur from when nesting.
I don't see any reason for this to have it change sizes, so it is more than likely the way she is sitting at the time.

You have nothing to worry about!

Latest posts

Back