Destructive Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labell

Reaction score
Okay, first off, sorry i've been gone. Computer problems.

Twix and Ella were better. But they've become destructive. Tearingtheir water bottle off the cage, and most of all, eating their litterbox. We have to buy a new one every week because it get's destroyed.Maybe they are bored, but we leave them out like all day to keep thatfrom happening and they still do it. Is there any kind of litter boxthey can't tear apart? I'm desperate.

Welcome back, Labell, :)

Tucker fights his litterbox too, but it's a hard plastic and he'd have to do a lot to it to destroy it.

He will push that litterbox around the cage when my other rabbit is out- in anger. I've had to tie it to the cage with wire. Two holes drilledinto the litterbox at the top will make it easy to tie down. You canalso use some wire to secure their waterbottle. If that doesn't work,you could try using a heavy crock bowl so that they can't toss it, andthey can't destroy it.

As to their destructiveness, I sympathize. I have that with Tucker too.My only suggestion is to put things in there that they can destroy:wood, end of toilet paper rolls, baby rattles, bird toys, chew toys,unlimited timothy hay, and of course, always fresh water.

Stay away from carpet or things that they can ingest and causeblockage. Fibers can puncture the intestinal tract, they can also causea blockage that can't be broken down or fixed without surgery, as wellas cause other problems mentioned in a post a 'few' pages back stating,"Carpet is no friend of rabbits".

When they get into a snit like that and they need to destroy, they seem to want to tear everything apart.

-Carolyn

I've noticed my 6 mo old is getting a temper likea child going through the terrible twos! If he doesn't getwhat he wants, when he wants it ..... I get dug on and my clothing istugged on and I get a nip now and then when he does the clothing (Idon't think he's meaning to nip me personally.)

Anyhow, Do you keep the waterbottle on the outside with the nozzle onlysticking in the cage? I could do that with Bo's but hedoesn't destruct things...... yet. :?

Heh, well we've got a metal pan in it right now.They have toilet paper rolls, wood, water, and hay in their cage andthey dont like it. *sigh*

my bunny does not like wood much. He loves totear apart a cardboard box. I make small windows for him and he makesthem bigger and uses as entrances.

Latest posts

Back