Desperate with Litter training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azusu

Reaction score
Hello!
I really need help with the litter box training. I have two bunnies and they are sisters. They are about 2 years old. I bought a big litter box with care fresh litter and we've been trying to train them but somehow they just don't get it.

I did the "putting feces and urinated paper" in the litter box. They still poop outside of it. I put all the poop outside of the litter box in it, but it still didn't work out. Only few times did they pee/poop in their box.

They like to dig in the litter box, too, so I think they're used to it (we've been trying for a while..)

I also read that if they're about to poop, I should put the bunny into the box. But the problem is, when my sister or I are watching them, they wouldn't poop. I waited 2 hours in their outdoor cage, fed them and pet them, but in the end they didn't poop. They would just be cute, clean themselves and nap. Then I step away for a moment and they poop everywhere!!

I really love my bunnies but I can't have them indoors unless they're litter box trained :( They have a really nice outdoors area but I do wish to take them home sometimes.

I don't know what else I can do.

Are they spayed? That helps.

Oreo, my 1yr old bun use to be awesome at using her litter box. Now she poops/pees in every corner of her cage! The poop doesnt bother me, its a simple clean up..its the pee that drives me mad. Mine is nursing right now, so a month or so after she is done I will make the appt. For right now, i'm going to put a litter box in each corner and hope it works! :rollseyes

I always put hay in the litter box. It didn't help ://
I guess I should spay them finally. My family tried to avoid that but it is for the better.

Latest posts

Back