Delivery ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy B

Reaction score
Hi my name is Tammy and i just joined the forum not too long ago after i got a pair of rescue bunnies.I have had bunnies before but it has been quite some time and these 2 were a surprise i had no plans on having bunnies again but i can't part with Meadow and Stewie now :).

The story begins with Meadow and Stewie arrriving here in with 2 other males,one i believed to be his dad and brother.They have since moved on to new homes.Meadow seems to be pregnant which is why i am here now writting this thread.

Can anyone tell me when she will give birth?I got her delievered here on january 6 it is now febuary 2 which if she was bred that day would bring it to 28 days.Now i read you should start looking for them now although the most times the babies are born on day 30-31.She has been nesting with her cardboard box i gave her but no hair in the nest as of yet.I am also uncertain of how old she is whick makes me a little concerned,I don't trhink i will be able to sleep or rest completely until i know she's safe.

I just want her to deliver this litter safely..She WILL not have any more after this as she will be getting spayed but in the meantime i'm lookin for some experienced advice.

Thank You For Reading :dutch

Gestation is generally 30-31 days. Rabbits usually kindle without much intervention. If the nestbox is a little larger than her and you've put hay or other nesting material in it, then just wait. Many does wait until the last minute to pull fur. If she's a first time mom she might not have them in the box or pull fur. You can pull fur from her belly to cover the kits with.

Thanks everyone for the replies :)

She has not had them yet Lovelops but i noticed hair this morning and she has everything from her cage(bedding)hauled into her house...And hair everywhere lol.

UPDATE...MEADOW HAS GIVEN BIRTH :bunnyheart

Not sure how many she has as of yet..There were 2 dead kits inside the entry of the nest and i have removed them but she seems a lil nervous so i'm going to leave her alone for the rest of the day as we are new to her and i don't want her getting upset and rejecting the nest..Updates as to hopw many any pics i will post in a few days :hearts

Hi my name is Tammy and i just joined the forum not too long ago after i got a pair of rescue bunnies.I have had bunnies before but it has been quite some time and these 2 were a surprise i had no plans on having bunnies again but i can't part with Meadow and Stewie now :).

The story begins with Meadow and Stewie arrriving here in with 2 other males,one i believed to be his dad and brother.They have since moved on to new homes.Meadow seems to be pregnant which is why i am here now writting this thread.

Can anyone tell me when she will give birth?I got her delievered here on january 6 it is now febuary 2 which if she was bred that day would bring it to 28 days.Now i read you should start looking for them now although the most times the babies are born on day 30-31.She has been nesting with her cardboard box i gave her but no hair in the nest as of yet.I am also uncertain of how old she is whick makes me a little concerned,I don't trhink i will be able to sleep or rest completely until i know she's safe.

I just want her to deliver this litter safely..She WILL not have any more after this as she will be getting spayed but in the meantime i'm lookin for some experienced advice.

Thank You For Reading :dutch

Latest posts

Back