Delayed Bonding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have recently adopted two female rabbits from a friend. The rabbits don't really like each other. I believe that this is because the previous owner did not try to bond the two rabbits. She kind of just bought the second one as an impulse buy and put her in the cage with the other rabbit. I was wondering if any of you think that bonding these two rabbits would be at all possible and if so how should i go about doing so?

queenandimarie

What is it that makes you think they don't like each other? And yeh

'Are they spayed?
How old are they?
Have you tried to put them in "unmarked" territory?'

my friend's mother said that she thinks that one might be spayed. one is almost two years old and the other is almost one. the reason why i think that they don't like each other is because the chase each other constantly even when they are outside the cage (it's not play chasing either), they don't groom each other, and now the little one runs every time the other gets near her.

It might be worth separating them but keeping them next to each other.

The one that is doing the chasing, is she the one who might be spayed? I'm guessing the other one isn't?

If they could both be spayed that would make things potentially much easier.

the one that is spayed is the one that dose all the chasing. I don't think the other one is because she also tries to hump the one that dose all the chasing.

Maybe you could look at investigating into whether or not they are spayed. This can sometimes by done by shaving the belly and looking for a scar, but other than that it might require taking it as if its a spay operation but then the vet first assessing whether or not there is anything there to remove.

thank you all for you help...should i let them out of there cages to play together or separately?

I would leave them as separate for now unless its not neutral territory (in this case territory that neither has been in before) to 'test the water' but give them a week or so to settle a bit.

Latest posts

Back