Dehydrating veggies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbydabbydoo

Reaction score
I used to buy hay that had a bit of dehydrated vegetables and it was one of Abby's favourite things. She would dance around in circles when she knew I was getting some out of the package for her but I cant find it anymore. I was thinking of dehydrating herbs and veggies myself to add to her hay.

Has anyone else tried this...any tips or hints?

I think veggies I'd probably just go for fresh as they get a bigger chunk to munch on for the same calories. I've dried herbs in the oven before though (lowest setting and keep an eye on them) and that works really well. Bunny safe weeds are good too and that way you can pick them over summer and then have a supply over winter when they aren't available. Things like blackberry (bramble) leaves, dandelion, etc.

I Have a dehydrator and I love it. I have dried bananas, apples, carrots andparsley.

The Bunnies love the treats. I keep them in the fridge do they stay nice and crispy and fresh.

I say get one. I know a couple of others on here have just recently purchased a dehydrator and really like it.

Susan

ps FYI

My bunnies can tolerate the dried bananas but when U gave them fresh they always had loose poos.

Latest posts

Back